• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender flaring & Rock Skis

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Does anyone know how these fenders were made? Is there a tool to do it?
How about Precut fender flares to weld on the rear quarters like the original front flares?
I'd love some pictures of any truck with the rock skis with nerf bars, please. If you tied skis into the frame or roll cage please show me some pics. Thanks, Forrest
451c8ec1279cbf6eb451a45e306c717d.jpg
36b823cd1e05e3c4a5f165ef3fe10d40.jpg
0cbdd686ca6af379c2df9e8301d8db42.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The rocker panels started as BC Bronco parts. The tubing was added.

Flares are custom.

The little tire mini-fenders are something I have never seen before. Looks like that have to be mounted to the axle/knuckle. Might actually make full width usable beyond crawling.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Those small ones are cute, but not what I'm after. I'm looking at the main body, trying to visualize my new Rock Skis w/ Nerf bars and figure out how to install to get the lines I want with the flares I have.

Nevadasmith

Loc.
Fallon, Nv
There's a build thread on that first bronco, he won some award at hot August nights....I I remember right those flares were hand formed out of square tubing, then the body was cut to fit, and then they were welded on, 99% sure that's a one of kind

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The little tire mini-fenders are something I have never seen before. Looks like that have to be mounted to the axle/knuckle. Might actually make full width usable beyond crawling.

True, in some states full widths not covered by the fenders is a ticket every time you drive it past a cop.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Still hoping guys with rock skis w/ and w/o nerf bars will post some pictures

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Those BC rocker panel sliders wrap around the rocker panel. Unless you weld stuff to them they pretty much just disappear. Looks just like a Bronco without them. With the light just right there is an extra shadow line and you loose the bottom seam between the fender and the rocker panel. Really nothing to see, which is the point of that design.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
I purchased them to use, I'd like to see some different rigs witth them installed since the ends meed to be custom cut down due to the fender openings. They go past the rockers of the doors and cover the seems of the front fender and rear qtr panel.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The rocker guards in the pic look custom as do the flares. The bc rock skis are great. I have em with flares. You just cut em where the flare ends. If you run your ares up at the body line they won't reach the bottom of the rock skis.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Thx Steve, please post some pics. I am a visual learner. Thx.
The rocker guards in the pic look custom as do the flares. The bc rock skis are great. I have em with flares. You just cut em where the flare ends. If you run your ares up at the body line they won't reach the bottom of the rock skis.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those rock skis look very similar to the ones I have on my 73, which are custom built to fit between the flares. They wrap completely around the rocker in 2 pieces and bolt on from both sides. Tom, from Michigan, I think is who was building and selling them, can't remember his screen name on here. They are called Rocker Wrappers, you give him your measurements and he made them to fit. I've had these 12 years and bounded them off quite a few obstacles.

Attachments

• IMG_9815.JPG
    IMG_9815.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_9820.jpg
    IMG_9820.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_9830.jpg
    IMG_9830.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 115

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Those skis look like mine that I bought from Duff's. 1/4" steel, very tough!

Attachments

• IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0433.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
I got them from Wild Horses, but Tom’s has them too. Please post up more pics guys, these are nice, but need more. Thx :cool:

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
From James Duff.

IMG_9902.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a beauty BG.
Is that a faded Boxwood Green type color? Or one of the lighter, "limer" greens that were available?
Or is it just the camera changing things up a bit?

Thanks

Paul

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Thank you. It's called porcelain green and it's somewhere between matte and semi gloss finish. I was going for a 'faded, been on there since day one look' and I'm happy with it.

That's a beauty BG.
Is that a faded Boxwood Green type color? Or one of the lighter, "limer" greens that were available?
Or is it just the camera changing things up a bit?

Thanks

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The rocker panels started as BC Bronco parts. The tubing was added.

Flares are custom.

This....