• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fiberglass bodies

Michael Homan

Loc.
Dayton,Ohio
Does anybody have a link or know the website for the manufactures of fiberglass bodies?

I know that Jeffs and Toms has bodies but who else is making bodies?

Thanks

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Mine is a terracomp and am very happy with it. I didn't get a kentrol because you need to build onto the firewall for the windshield(so I've heard) and broncodesign came out after I got mine. I might have gone with the broncodesign because it is one piece and uncut but the terracomp is built pretty tough.

rekoj71

I have a Kentrol, and yes you have to do a little more work to the windshield frame mounting/bracing. It gets bolted on then fiberglassed by you. I chose the Kentrol tub due to the fact that I already had a roll cage built for the standard size wheel wells that I didn't want to modify. TeraComp has rear wheel wells that are enlarged in all directions, which is probably a plus for many with larger tires and lots of flex.

mxer

Loc.
Gallipolis, OH
Toms, wildhorse,jeffs, all sell the terracomp, I also live in ohio and i still bought the terracomp looked better to me. I have never seen the kentrol tub in person. My roll cage came from protofab they have a jig for the terracomp tub deminsions. Welcome to look at mine before you buy. Gallipolis, OH

fklein03

Loc.
northern Mi
I have a kentrol an it was 3/4" out of square. now I can't use the doors I have. Had to put in inserts an had to cut 1/2" out of the center of one to get it to fit.

VT_Don

fklein, thanks for the heads-up on Kentrol's accuracy. I plan to order a new body over the winter. Door fit is a major priority.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Kentrol is really good about giving tours.
I suggest you vist the factory and have any concerns addressed.
I think if they were out of square then that issue would be all over the forums. I never heard of it before.

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I have a Kentrol I have not had the problems mentioned. Over the years I have only seen the bodies get better looking (more realistic with ribings,etc) I had a Malotte that I sold due dimensions being out of wack. I also suggest heading to Kentrol to take a look. Shipping would not be too bad for you, heck if you have a trailer you can pick it up.... I went down and picked up my cap.

fklein03

Loc.
northern Mi
maybe I should explain better the problem I had. The doors fit ok, trying to line the windsheild frame to get proper gaps was not bad untill I bolted on the hood. It was way out on the left. after days of trying to make things work I took it to a body shop to get it done an found the tub 3/4" out of square.This tub is around 7yrs old.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I actually have a Kentrol that I bought used (never mounted) and I am having an issue with one of the doors. Any thoughts or insite? I would also like to hear of the windshield frame mounting/bracing....

Cyclone

Loc.
Akron-Youngstown
WOW...... I am only 33 miles from Kentrol's facility. It looks like I will be taking a field-trip to see their plant and bodies. I will stop by 4wd.com as well even though they are a Cheep based parts supplier....%) Any local guys want to meet up?