• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass bodies

Tcb3078

Loc.
Charlotte
For those who have one, specifically the terra comp, did you notice the middle body/tub mount as being significantly smaller that the other 2 sets?

I went to out my 2in body lift in and noticed the middle picks need to be 1 inch vs the others die to the cross member in there.

Attachments

• 20180603_104951.jpg
    20180603_104951.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 77

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
Body lifts are designed to replace a standard/production element. Once something is no longer standard replacement parts may/probably will not fit. You need to lift the body equally at each point.

I have a fiberglass body. Came with worn out one inch lift. I must explain the original builder glassed in the roadster kit front to rear, no seams. Not saying it's great, just the facts. My front and back were correct but the middle were shorter.
Not sure what you are doing. But if you are adding lift blocks, you have to alter the height like what you are replacing. (example: middle blocks are shorter, you have to cut the middle new bocks down the amount between the original front and middle blocks). Everything has to come up the same amount.

OP
OP
Tcb3078

Tcb3078

Loc.
Charlotte
Thanks. I assume they were similar. Thought it was weird the middle was out of line.

Body lifts are designed to replace a standard/production element. Once something is no longer standard replacement parts may/probably will not fit. You need to lift the body equally at each point.

I have a fiberglass body. Came with worn out one inch lift. I must explain the original builder glassed in the roadster kit front to rear, no seams. Not saying it's great, just the facts. My front and back were correct but the middle were shorter.
Not sure what you are doing. But if you are adding lift blocks, you have to alter the height like what you are replacing. (example: middle blocks are shorter, you have to cut the middle new bocks down the amount between the original front and middle blocks). Everything has to come up the same amount.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Fiberglass body

TCB3078,

I do not have a Terra Comp tub, but a Bronco Design one and did not have issues with the body mounts and lift pucks. Hopefully someone else with a Terra Comp tub will respond. Best of luck on this one.

v/r,

SevenT

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
My Kentrol has all the same size blocks

TAC71

I have a Mallotte body...now Terra comp. I got it about 28 years ago and the mounts were all the same. The body is now highly modified and no longer uses stock style mounts.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
When's that '69 Torino, being built sig line going to change to "69 Torino, daily driver..."

:)

OP
OP
Tcb3078

Tcb3078

Loc.
Charlotte
Thanks for your responses. I called TC directly. They stated the middle mounts need to be adjusted.