• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally got my hands on an EB

Sky56

Loc.
NW side of Chicago
Hey guys and gals, I just picked up a 69 bronco off of CL a few weeks back and figured I would introduce myself. I live in Chicago on the NW side near Ohare/Park ridge. I work as a medic for the Chicago Fire Dept. Now onto the Bronco.

1969 Ford Bronco, 302 3speed on the tree, 6" lift (james duff lift and a body lift), twin stick from jb custom fab, 36" super swampers, full cage, door inserts, tuffy console and speakers in the rear, it came with full doors, tire carrier with spare, axles, unpainted fender, and spare windshield frame in good shape.

It had an oil leak at the oil pressure tube but we limped it as menards (love that place!!!) and fixed it in the parking lot in true roadkill fashion. drove in home from near perdue university and its been awesome. Ill post some pics as soon as I can but just wanted to say hello and all that.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Sky, welcome to CB and the world of Bronco ownership!
Sounds like a fun, smile-filled road trip too. Love to see Menard's sometime. Lots of cool stuff there.

Was your oil sender extension cracked? Aluminum or steel? Is the new one steel? They definitely last longer, but even the aluminum ones can work if not overtightened, or aged with heat and vibration too much.

Sounds like quite a thrill-ride too maybe? With that tall of a lift and size tires, things can get "interesting" real often on the open road. But with good tires, shocks, and tight steering, it's can also be a lot of fun.

Good luck with it. Can't wait to see pics.
And again, welcome to the site and the fun.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Forgot to ask... How's the rust and wiring situation?;D
Any PO mods particularly worth highlighting?

Paul

OP
OP
S

Sky56

Loc.
NW side of Chicago
thanks guys. rust isn't too bad in all honesty. PO rhino lined a good amount inside and a bit underneath. Both axles have breathers that run up into body and engine bay. Cage looks like wild horses but cant be sure. It looks like some $ was def put into it. Nothing crazy dollar wise but it was smartly done with wheeling and fun in mind but not breaking the bank.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Hey...I know that rig (one of the old owners too). Cool. ;D Congrats, Sky.

I'm up the road from you too. :eek: :D Shoot me a PM if you need an hand with something. Enjoy the new wheels.