• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally some progress & paint

vap13

Hi all, have not posted in a while, really been slacking. I finally turned my garage into a mini spray booth and did some painting. Since then I'm really making some progress and will add more pics soon. I paint about once every five years so I have to learn again each time. I know,I need wheels and tires.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01293.JPG
    DSC01293.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01313.JPG
    DSC01313.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC01316.JPG
    DSC01316.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC02820.JPG
    DSC02820.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
V

vap13

Thanks Tito, I ran out of room in the dash so I cut a piece of thin aluminum channel and painted to match. Now I still have room for more Stuff.
Paul

OP
OP
V

vap13

Thanks for all your comments, a few more after I painted the top. I never have enough room in my garage.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01311.JPG
    DSC01311.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01602.JPG
    DSC01602.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 84

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Looking good. Had some flashbacks when I saw the beige primer and red inside. Also mine has the white spokes on it for a roller. Really taking shape, good job.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Nice work!
Gotta love those results from a garage paint job... Nice color combo too.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Wow, that is a nice looking rig. What shade of red is that? The tan looks great with it to. Very nice!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
looking good! you should be proud!

OP
OP
V

vap13

Broncokak, All the colors are stock Ford. The red is Candy Apple red, The other is I believe Light Desert Tan which came out a little later. The paint is Dupont Acrylic Enamel, which is hard to find anymore. I added the gloss hardener so it turned out good for a single stage paint. I'm sure there are alot better paints that are easier to use but I stuck to what Im use to. The interor I used Dupont Vinyl Paint for the headliner, wiper cover and sunvisors, same color as trim.Thanks for all the positve feedback, here are a couple more progress pics.

Attachments

• DSC01720.JPG
    DSC01720.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01724.JPG
    DSC01724.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 39

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Broncokak, All the colors are stock Ford. The red is Candy Apple red, The other is I believe Light Desert Tan which came out a little later. The paint is Dupont Acrylic Enamel, which is hard to find anymore. I added the gloss hardener so it turned out good for a single stage paint. I'm sure there are alot better paints that are easier to use but I stuck to what Im use to. The interor I used Dupont Vinyl Paint for the headliner, wiper cover and sunvisors, same color as trim.Thanks for all the positve feedback, here are a couple more progress pics.

That looks great. I'm thinking of a red / black combo if and when I ever get to paint mine. You've done a great job with the paint. That's going to be a heck of a nice Bronco when it's done. Keep posting pics of the progress please.