• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finished stonecrusher install

msuforeman

It was a pretty straight forward install. The fun part was drilling the knuckles to 3/4". I almost broke my wrist and hand with the 1/2" drill.

Attachments

• happiertimes.jpg
    happiertimes.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 127
  • dsc00415_web.jpg
    dsc00415_web.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 177
  • merry christmas dogs.jpg
    merry christmas dogs.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 160
  • im001533b.jpg
    im001533b.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 150

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I just finished the conversion today as well.

My wrist hurts, me legs hurt (from drill hitting it) and my knuckles are shot!

But all in all, I love it! I just with my drill was nicer to me!

StoneCrusher rocks!!!!

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I have the Perf. Unlimited setup but pretty much the same thing. You aren't kidding about drilling the knuckles out though. Those 1/2" drills can be monsters!! I rented a 1/2" milwaukee from ACE and about broke my damn arm when it grabbed. The hardest part for me was drilling the 3/16" holes for the cotter pins in the bolts. They use Grade 9 F911 bolts and once you heat one up by drilling without fluid, it makes it practically impossible to drill! I went through 4 expensive ass bits to get all the holes drilled.

U

Unregistered

how much is the stone crusher steering? I have been hearing about it.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Hey Unregistered, Log in!

As to the price, there are different set ups you can purchase, so go to their site & find which one you wish!

stonecrusher.classicbroncos.com

You wont be disappointed!

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Hey MSU,
I want shock hoops as well. Which ones did you get? Duffs prolly ehh? Do you have a body lift? Have inner fenders?
I want shock hoops, but I don't want to ass a BL or hack up my inner fenders... just feelin it out...
thanks

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
There is a reamer bit out there that has the sprial of the cutting edges twisted in the reverse of the traditional bits. It cuts just as efficiently but when it bites it frees itself so your 1/2" drill doesn't try to rip your arms off. I don't know where to get one but I've heard guys praise them to high heaven for their ease of use.
When I get to this point in mods, I will definitely search for this type of bit before starting.
I'm pretty sure it was someone from the Bronco Hoard (whored?) or maybe Quinn from the PSVB who bragged about this bit.

TheCopperCowboy

Loc.
Bennett, Colorado
HoleHawg

msuforeman said:
It was a pretty straight forward install. The fun part was drilling the knuckles to 3/4". I almost broke my wrist and hand with the 1/2" drill.
What type of steering box are you using? It looks like a F-150. I plan to go the same route. What about the drop bracket? Trac Bar lenght? Sure looks good! Milwaukee Holehawgs are known for taking out knuckles, hands, side of your head.......Don't ask, I just know! :'(

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
Are you sure thats a bronco? everything looks too clean ;D Very sweet though, what kind of diff cover is that your running? looks beefy.

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

Unregistered said:
how much is the stone crusher steering? I have been hearing about it.
$276 delivered to my door

The hoops are from Duff--I have a 2" body lift along with a 3.5 long travel susp kit. Yes I do have inner fenders

The steering box is a quick ratio saginaw pump. I have the stock trac bar with the Duff drop down bracket

The diff cover is from Bluetorch fab

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I still have a long way to go.

Brian

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MSU, I can't see the lower mount for your track bar. Is it raised? Very clean looking front end.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Ooh,
Here is a good question!

What is your final measurement between the tie rod & the steering rod????

I guess the measurement between the center of each bolt! I would love to compare it to mine! It appears we are running the same setup (except I don't have a 3" body lift).

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sorry, I see the lower mount now. looks good man. Wish I had your brakes.

Jeff in AZ

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

MnkyBiz said:
Ooh,
Here is a good question!

I guess the measurement between the center of each bolt! I would love to compare it to mine! It appears we are running the same setup (except I don't have a 3" body lift).

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

I'll try to get the measurement tonight--It's a 2" bl

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Skuzzlebutt said:
There is a reamer bit out there that has the sprial of the cutting edges twisted in the reverse of the traditional bits. It cuts just as efficiently but when it bites it frees itself so your 1/2" drill doesn't try to rip your arms off. I don't know where to get one but I've heard guys praise them to high heaven for their ease of use.
When I get to this point in mods, I will definitely search for this type of bit before starting.
I'm pretty sure it was someone from the Bronco Hoard (whored?) or maybe Quinn from the PSVB who bragged about this bit.
Does it look like this?

Attachments

• twisted.JPG
    twisted.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
M

msuforeman

MnkyBiz said:
Ooh,
Here is a good question!

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

I'm at home now but I'm not following you as to where to take the measurement from. I'm prob just a moron.

Brian

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Brian,

You installed two threaded bars. One which is horizontal connecting the two steering knuckles, and one at an angle, which connects the passenger knuckle to the pitman arm.

Please get the distance between the bolts holding the horizontal rod (the distance center line to center line of the knuckles) and the distance from the center lines of the two bolts holding the angled portion!

Thanks!

Bill

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

My wife helped me but I think there pretty accurate.

Horizontal 48" and Diagonal 41" I still have a little alignment issues because I did not have anything to go by when I did my rough alignment--You know the eyeball method.

Hope this helps,

Brian