• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fixing up a rusty Bronco

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
2badrotties said:
Something happened to my foot. Feels like bones rubbing on bones in there. happened a couple of years ago and went away. I'm hoping it goes away this time too. I'm hoping I can get something done tomorrow.

Sawzall oughtta fix that right up :)

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
A few years back did a Stroppe resto and it needed the upper and lower 1/4's along with the tailight housings. Fitment was terrible. Had to Duramix the tabs on the tailights (noticed after paint) We also used panel adhesive for joining the upper and lower 1/4's It took quite a bit of work for the bodyman to get it right. I wouldn't call it vendor bashing cause it is what it is, poor fittment! Duff's is where he got the parts.

sellitall said:
Dennis Carpenter supplies most of the EB aftermarket sheetmetal out there. One item I know is junk, but I don't think it's a Dennis Carpenter item, is the taillight housings. If you need to replace them, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!! I was going to replace mine, but when I got them they were total junk. They are paper thin, and don't fit for sh#t. They don't even come with the tabs for the lights. I'd steer clear of them if you can. I think there are a bunch of threads on here bashing them as well. I'm only grafting the lower sections of them onto my tub since the rest were in good shape. I even hate doing that.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
2badrotties said:
Joe... it isn't getting done at all. I been on crutches for a week :( . Don't feel bad though, Jag isn't getting done either. :( :(

Something happened to my foot. Feels like bones rubbing on bones in there. happened a couple of years ago and went away. I'm hoping it goes away this time too. I'm hoping I can get something done tomorrow.

so what happened...did dylan step on it?
no worries, andy. that just gives me more time before i have to pick a color.

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
jbeyer said:
it slowly coming along. no ones in a big rush, and i dont wanna ruin andys extended vacation by making him work too hard. ;D i just picked up a grill for it today (thanks, kontinu) and we are still lookin for a decent driver side door.

Hey Joe....I've got a decent door...but shipping I'm guessing won't be cheap.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Whew!!!! Finally there is some others that have seen the same crap. I know a friend of ours has been getting impatient with one of his being done by a friend of mine. I saw some of these panels and none were worth a crap. We too had the issue with the tail light housing not fitting right, the lower quarter not having enough material to mate to other panels, the upper was NOT even close to being the right shape. Basically almost all panels had to be massaged and worked into place. It is solid now but wasn't easy. I know I have had to stop on my panel replacement to wait until our friend gets his done to have a seasoned vet do mine.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
broncoswede61 said:
Hey Joe....I've got a decent door...but shipping I'm guessing won't be cheap.

yeah, the fact that it oversized really kills on the shipping. last time i checked it was around 130.00 unless its one of those that the window frame unscrews. im trying to track one down locally. but thanks.