• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flashers always on

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is in a 67 f100 but pretty much the same challenge as if in a Bronco since it’s a vintage Ford. Turn the key on and the flashers come on. Brakes, signals and lights all work appropriately but flashers won’t turn off. Any ideas? I swapped out the flasher itself to see if it was bad.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
4-way warning flashers?
They should not be wired to the ignition.

If you turn on the flashers do they work correctly with the ignition off?
If the flashers are stuck on, how do you know the turn signals work correctly?
What happens if you leave the flasher module unplugged? Do the brake lights also light up the front turn signals? Turn signals light up both sides at once?

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I would unplug the flasher switch to see if the switch is fried in the on position. The wire feeding it should be hot all the time. The other wire is switched. With the switch unhooked, the flashers should go on when you touch the 2 wires together. Good luck

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This switch itself was faulted. I will need to remove it from the ignition as its’ power source.