• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flexible Dipstick

SeaVee

Contributor
I’ve searched the threads on here but thought I’d get everyone’s opinion. I have an ‘80’s 302 going into my 77. Have the 77 oil pan on now. With the headers it’s a tight fit. Looks like the block has an opening on the passenger side and my pan has the original opening. Looking into the Lokar flexible dipsticks? Thoughts? Also, would you go through the pan or the block? IMG_1611.jpeg

OP
OP
S

SeaVee

Contributor
Whoops that’s the driver’s side of the block in pic.

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
I have a Lokar flexible dipstick that came with a bronco oil pan kit from Toms. It works well, no complaints with it whatsoever. The factory one that I had (pan and dipstick) leaked like crazy. I'm not too sure on your placement, I wasn't aware 302s ever had a provision in the block for a dipstick, I thought it was just in the pan or the timing cover and the timing cover hole doesn't work with the bronco rear sump pans.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I plugged my block dipstick hole on my 90 5.0 and went with the flex in the pan. Only difficulty was getting it in the right place and it was tough and is right against the headers and using the header bolt to mount it to.

If I had to do it again, I'd consider that and the fact that I'm not so sure I even got the level right and stick with the stock one in the block that is the right level.

I like the flex one, but I just don't think it's ideal where it is in my Moroso pan, at least.

OP
OP
S

SeaVee

Contributor
Was trying to save the original pan, had it blasted and painted