• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida Bronco Holopawlooza 2010

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
Hello everyone, new here. Woulkd like to try to make it up there and meet some Bronco folks from FL. My '71 is currently in paint and hope to have it finished well before November.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Hello everyone, new here. Woulkd like to try to make it up there and meet some Bronco folks from FL. My '71 is currently in paint and hope to have it finished well before November.

AWESOME .... when was your 71 made ( month and year ??? )

any pics ??

Here's hoping there will be a LUBER 77 this year...

you sold your 77 ??

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
can't give any details...just wanted to tease you guys...i'll post more when i know more...

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
Hi Franko, yes it is your month & year U15GLK138.., not for sale though. Oddly enough Sep, 1970 is my birthday also, just got lucky. Well try to find a recent pic, still in primer and masking.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
S#^##&#*^% no F 4^@##$# way ... when did you get it ?? from who ? from where ?? pics !!!!!!!!!!! i am 45 min from you !!!!!
its 3: 30 forget work !@@!$@# i need to find a bronco !! :mad:
this is now the 5th GLK1 IN FL I KNOW OF and NON ARE FOR SALE or going to be for sale in the next century !!!

whats you DSO code/number ... dont tell me its 24 ??

is your b-day before the 14th of sep or after ??

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
Not sure about the DSO code, can't get to the door post now with the inserts in to look. After the 14th, will e-mail you a pic, first time posting and haven't figured it out yet

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Not sure about the DSO code, can't get to the door post now with the inserts in to look. After the 14th, will e-mail you a pic, first time posting and haven't figured it out yet

DSO code is on the glove box door vin plate !!
GL & CONGRATS to the find !!!
I guess the only thing to do is to have a GLK 40th B-day party somewhere in FL !!!

where and how did you find it ?? what color is it going to be ??

the 5th GLK1 in FL .... cant wait to see it in person !!!

Attachments

• IMG00062(2).jpg
    IMG00062(2).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
Ok, will look, don't think my tag is still on the glove box door though.

picked it up back in '99, got it and a '76 parts truck from a buddy of mine around the forest hill area, about the only thing worth using on the parts truck was the axels :)

color will be olive drab, black bumpers, roll bar, wheels, etc... did a quicky paint job in 2000 same color however this time things got out of hand and did a full frame off and plenty of receipts...

look forward to meeting everyone also, any official registration procedures for this get together in Nov? camping allowed? may bring my pop-up

thanks

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
JW, welcome aboard my friend!! Sounds like you got a nice rig being built!! I have to say I'm very partial to your color scheme as well.

There will be an "official" registration thread sometime in early October but for now this thread is it. I will add you to "the list" and we will make sure to let everyone know when the registration thread is started.

Camping is encouraged and your pop up will not be the only one there. Most of us do tents but a pop up is great if you want to bring it.

You have found Bronco heaven in this website and we have a strong FL group. We are glad to have you. Click on the link from last years event and enjoy some fun reading and some cool pics.

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
thanks for the welcome smokeater; looking forward to meeting you guys for sure. Probably me & my wife coming and may try to round up a few other buddies of mine with EBs to attend, sounds like a great time.

Yes, I see your running the same color scheme, very nice rig and this is a great forum also

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
OK 19 WEEKS TO GO !!! ;) ;D :cool:
its nice to see everyone is playing and working on there rigs !!!!

Last edited:

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
once i get the blue one sold, i should be able to pull the C4 for rebuild in install the 351w in front. not sure if I'll have time to go EFI or not.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You still got it? I thought it was sold?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
its just like the PPS I've been trying to sell. Sold, not sold, sold, not sold. There's been a lot of chatter, but money talks and I ain't been hearing anything...frustrated. Anyone want to buy a Walther PPS in .40SW?

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
THIS IS WAY TOOOOO COOL !!!
I came across this pic titled "Henry Ford and Thomas Edison " 1921

X2343.JPG

This must be the first Ford wheeling / mudding pics ever !!!

Did some research today and found a bunch of other pics from that camping event in Lee County FL that year but not them 2 wheeling !!

the last pic is :
ford_edison_harding_and_firestone_1921 C ;D :eek: L

Attachments

• Ford, Thomas Edison.jpg
    Ford, Thomas Edison.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 16
  • ford_edison_harding_and_firestone_1921.jpg
    ford_edison_harding_and_firestone_1921.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
FRANKO289