• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida bronco run and shooting

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
I am going to holopaw with a few guys to do some shooting and we are going to ride around a little any other bronco guys from Florida want to go give me a call or meet me at gas station on 192 and 441 before 10 30. Next sat the 24 you can call me at 407 922 0975 chris

bax

Contributor
Old Member
sounds like fun. i need to run # 21 around a little for a shake down before windrock in Nov.

spray1963

Loc.
Boca Raton,FL
If the weather is good Ill try to make it, no top yet. It's a little over two hours for me to get to Melbourne, how long from 95 out to 441 on 192? What kind of shooting? Rifle, pistol, shotgun, or all of the above?

SeaninSt.Cloud

You can shoot anything you want. Outdoor range-no range officer. Bring targets or stuff to shoot at.

It is about 25-30 minutes from 95 to 441 in Melbourne. But it may be faster getting off further south (I think yehaw junction north of vero) and taking 441 North.

It is a about a 2.5 hour ride from Boca. I went to FAU and used to live in West Palm.
See you out there

bronco217

Change it to next weekend and im in, just cant get off this weekend.
Tom

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
You can shoot anything you want. Outdoor range-no range officer. Bring targets or stuff to shoot at.

Last time I was out there (years) there was plenty of old appliances to shoot at in front of the hill.
I destroyed an old washing machine out there one day.
Haha...

If you have never been to Holopaw Estates you must come check it out.
Quite a cool and well known spot here in central Florida.

Steve in Orlando.

Last edited:

spray1963

Loc.
Boca Raton,FL
It looks like the weather is going to be good so I'm going to be there! This place sounds like what the Acreage off Beeline was 35 years ago before they built it out. I want to show my son what South Florida was like when I was a kid having fun in my 68 Bronco. We'll bring the 73 we just finished for him plus the other proper equipment. I'll see what I can dig up to destroy.

I have thought about contacting Bax just to drive up and meet him.
this is what we will be driving...

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 56

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
It looks like the weather is going to be good so I'm going to be there! This place sounds like what the Acreage off Beeline was 35 years ago before they built it out. I want to show my son what South Florida was like when I was a kid having fun in my 68 Bronco. We'll bring the 73 we just finished for him plus the other proper equipment. I'll see what I can dig up to destroy.

I have thought about contacting Bax just to drive up and meet him.
this is what we will be driving...

That eb looks quite capable brother.
Holopaw is mud and sand.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
What kind of shooting? Rifle, pistol, shotgun, or all of the above?

Full auto's if you got em. It's a private land owner co-op so it's pretty much a be safe and shoot whatever you want as long as it is legal for you to do so. We set up a skeet machine out there and do a lot of skeet shooting to practice for duck season. You can set up thermite targets out there too, again so long as it is within the legal limits of charges.

It figures you guys would put together a run after I move 7 hours away.

OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Hay see you guys sat between 10 and 10 30 at gas station if you need anything give me a call 407 922 0975 Chris

spray1963

Loc.
Boca Raton,FL
Hi Chris, I'm leaving Boca at about 7AM with one stop at Bass Pro on the way. I should get there about 10. I Might call you if i'm running late my number is 561-289-4246.

Thanks,
Scott

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am "loaded" up and ready. get it?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Looks like I'm first to the gas station. Come on let's have a bang up time ( get it)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
had fun out running around and doing a little shooting of guns. pretty heavily armed group. All I got pictures of was us pulling the jeep out. But that was fun too. Truck ran good, I got home in time to clean it up. Now I got to go thru it and get the water out of places it should not be. you know, general fla maintenance.

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 60

SeaninSt.Cloud

It was fun. That 21 flew out there.
I have a few pics but I cant post here, mostly of the jeep. It was hard to take pics while driving, Tim was too busy eating Chris's lunch to help take pics!

Maybe we can do another in a Nov or Dec

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Wish I could have been there fellers.

I had a pre-scheduled fishing trip. Caught nothing but Gar, Bowfin, and a Catfish.
The Bowfin was over 7 pounds, the Catfish was 8 lbs., but I think that "Jeep fish" you guys caught looked like a lot more fun.....

Steve in Orlando

Attachments

• 1024151228.jpg
    1024151228.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
gars and bowfins are minus points.

They really are.

My Cajun friend tells me there are ways to cook both. They are apparently a delicacy in N'awlins.....

I just don't think I could do it. Ofcourse I never thought I would like Lion Fish but happened to be at The Guy Harvey Hotel on the Gulf a few months ago and they were having a big cook out of Lion Fish at a festival on the back deck.
It was very tasty. They were also selling neat suction guns used to trap them. Very safe.
If you see a Lion Fish kill it or capture it with a suction gun and eat it. They are an invasive damaging species of fish. They need to go but as said, they are tasty.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I am told and have read that Bowfin are like some other fish.....They have a jiggly fleshy meat. I read that it was suggested to cut it into cubes and deep fry it. If cooked hot enough it apparently stiffens up and tastes good. But I don't know.....think I'll stick with Bass, Catfish, Specs, etc.....