• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fluid capacity of tranny, t-case, front & rear ends

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
hey guys, what is the capacity in quarts and the type of fluid for the drivetrain? i know the tranny takes type f fluid but how much? what does the T-case take and how much? i got 6 quarts of redline lightweight shock proof gear oil for the front and rear end. how much gear oil goes in each? thanks guys! im sure this has been covered numerous times so bare with my stupidity!;D

Thanks,

John

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
C4 with stock pan will take 9 qts to fill converter and pan. t-case takes about 1.25qts, stock called for SAE50 engine oil but most of us use like 80w90 gear oil. front diff takes about 1.5qts, rear takes as much as 3qts.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Going from memory here. It's good it just doesn't last long.

C4 will take somewhere around 4-6 qts if you empty the pan. Drain the converter and you'll get another 3-4 qts out.

D20 doesn't take much, maybe 2-3 qts.

9" holds a lot, 4-5 qts.

D44 is 2-3 qts.