• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

For those who run bikini tops

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
What do you do when it rains?
Do you park it outdoors as is or cover it with something?

I ran mine without a top and got caught in the rain, I had to turn around to the girlfriends house and borrow her Explorer to get home.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
For several years I kept my Bronco outside with just a bikini top. The seats would get a little wet if it was a heavy rain, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Either get neoprene seat covers or keep a plastic bag tucked between the seats. When you're moving the top keeps the cab surprisingly dry.

Also, remember that the bikini top collects a large puddle of water after a rain. Get in the habit of pushing it up and draining the water over the windshield. Otherwise you'll get a big surprise when you make your first turn and a few gallons of water spill down the side and onto your left leg. :)

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
mine stays in the garage, but sits out overnight at work on the rare occasion i take it there. put a trash bag over the seat, and its nice and dry. however, this will not help if parked for a duration as the trash bag will degrade quickly.

BTY, keep a cutoff broomstick laying in there to "tent" the top with. this will keep the puddle from forming when it rains. dunno if its my cage or what, but it is impossible to dump the water out without getting drowned.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
hey madguyver, just move from Hawaii to Southern California where it never rains and you can eliminate the problem;D

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I put this bikini top on in 83 and if it rains I get wet. But I havent melted yet and yes it is inside at night all my cars were. But noe not working got rid of the ones that I did ne need down to 4 and 2 are broncos 66 & 68.:p :p :p Bill 8) %) :p

694play

:eek: Ohhh that;D That's what makes it fun to go out and play! So where is it today?? My pony was in the barn yesterday and the ground under my hardtop stayed dry. ;)

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
I run a bikini top with no doors and if it is going to rain, I bring a rainsuit and a scweegee for the inside of the window. I haven't tried it since I replaced all my rusted out kick panels and stuff so it might not be as wet now.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Someone should retract the So-Cal rain thing. Yesterday it rained so hard that it flooded ALL of LA County. There was thunder and lightning everywhere and my Bronco was the only means of transportation through the 1 foot plus deep water. I was so awesome seeing all those lowered Honda's stranded in the parking lot!

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
I run mine year round with the Bikini top and no doors but I've also waterproofed it with a full tub Rhino lining and Beard seats just carry a couple of large garbage bags under the seat to keep the wet off the seats when its parked for awhile.... But hell I dont know what rain is I live in AZ....;D

adidas

Bronco Guru
Loc.
arizona
hd03sporty said:
I run mine year round with the Bikini top and no doors but I've also waterproofed it with a full tub Rhino lining and Beard seats just carry a couple of large garbage bags under the seat to keep the wet off the seats when its parked for awhile.... But hell I dont know what rain is I live in AZ....;D

past couple days its been drizzling. just enough for water to pool in the bikini... so i make it a point to gun it right out of the gate and get all that water to roll off the back. ;D

Alex

Loc.
Indiana
I would be happy to get rained on where you live! Sleet and snow can actually kill a guy over here.;D

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Grant makes some inexpensive seat covers that fit almost any seat and they are waterproof . I run topless or bikini and no doors and usually cover the seats when I'm not actually driving .

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
This is a problem I have every now and then. I put an amp under my rear bench seat and a box with 12" woofers behind it. I carry a tarp with me everywhere I go but have been fortunate. When the real downpours come I make for the nearest car wash (or garage) I figured if I get some water around that amp, then its history.
:(

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
I mounted my amp on little 1x2 wood rails then mounted the wood to the floor.. this keeps the water underneath from being swallowed into the amp... the seat keeps it from getting rained on... so, unless there is more than 1" of standing water UNDER my seat, or rain the falls sideways, my amp stays dry... for your box... go to home depot, and find some flashing or something you can use to get the water to run down and drip AWAY from your speakers, and use tar paper under the carpet to wrap the box in to help keep the wood dry (box also on rails).