• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

For those who run bikini tops

westco

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR
Hard Top for the winter (it snows here) and bikini and inserts for the warmer months.

Or you could try one of the nice soft tops, I think I will on the rig we are building now.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Does anybody know if you can get one of the besttop trail covers for the Bronco? Will the one for the CJ fit? The cover encloses the cockpit and nothing else(HeeHee I said cock). I don't have a buddy with a CJ that is not chopped off after the seats to measure, and measuring one in the mall parking lot may not be the best idea in the world.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I just throw a towell over the seat. It handles the little bit of rain that gets around the top. Then I don't have to litlen to a trash bag blow around. Trash bag is good with no bikini top.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
i took some 1/4" round stock, made brackets so it would slip over the roll cage, and put a bow in it to shed the water off.it still gets 2 small puddles in it but it is 100% better than the large puddle you get w/o it,plus when i take the top off, the bow simply slips right off the roll cage with no problem.

Ghost Rider

Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I just took the bikini top off for the winter and put the hard top on, but only because I don't have a garage this winter. I don't like the hard top look (especially after running the bikini) but it keeps pine needles and other crap out. This Spring, the hard top will come off forever and I'll most likely run with a full soft top in the winters to come (will also have a garage by then).

HAIRRAZOR

Loc.
Marysville, WA.
Don't forget that you need a lift in one of your garage stalls so I can work on both the broncos during the winter.

I run a full soft top when winter comes, sometimes when playing in the snow I'll use my half doors with it.