• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford 231?

huntingbuck101

I found a service record in my glove box and the owner wrote Ford Bronco and where it said engine it said 6 cly 231.
the tag on the motor reads 66 170 so I know for sure thats what it is. Could a 231 be a board and stroked 170? why would the owner come up with such a number out of the blue?

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
I'm thinking I had a '63 Unibody with, like a 223 CID in there, never heard of a 231.

Shelton823

Hey you have more pictures of my rig than i do

I take it your the guy with the other Orange mule at last years for show down there. Hows your rig this year any changes? Trying to live up to the liscense plate this year just ordered a full family cage with all the goodies from Mike at complete off road. Seems like a real good guy. Any body use him for a cage let me know what you think. And the big news is the stroker 408 going into the beast. I have no idea why but i had to bebuild the bottom end and figures for about 1500 more i could go big. Engine goes in next week cage the first week of June and interior rhino lined including cage the week after that. Should be up and running full speed by the end of June just keeping my fingers crossed.