• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Free Ford Build Sheet

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
I had to call the "research dept." back since they didn't call, but got mine after that pretty quick.

Yeah, ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. They said someone from research would call. Never happened.

Called them back this morning, and it looks like they are going to get on it.

The lady said my request would need to be sent to archives, and that it would be 4-6 weeks before I would get my information.

I think they don't really like doing this, but will... if you nag them.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I guess I need to start nagging. It's been 2 months since I got the first call saying that they would have the research department call me soon.

Takes em longer than they say. Be patient. I figured mine wasn't coming as well but it finally showed up. ;)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
They got a big slug of requests from a bunch of old Bronco fanatics a few months ago... gee I wonder why %) and probably thought WTF! ;D Mine showed up in about 3 weeks or so.

Itsa67

I ordered mine Friday and here it is Monday morning and the research department just called me. They said it would be 4-6 weeks but hopefully it will show up faster. They are very pleasant to work with and best of all its free. I would recommend this to anyone. I'll post back with the results when mine comes in.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Is anyone else getting the funky options that mine has listed? Well, on the positive side, at least it didn't say it came with dual rear seat glovebox shifters, I guess.

a69halfcab

Loc.
Broken Arrow
Is anyone else getting the funky options that mine has listed? Well, on the positive side, at least it didn't say it came with dual rear seat glovebox shifters, I guess.

Mine said that I had radiator shutters, skid plates and an extra cooling package ???

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Extra Cooling Package consisted of a perforated UPS brown cardboard box full of ice. Mine didn't last.

My clutch chatters, but i haven't seen my radiator shudder, but it does have rubber mounts, so maybe it is shuddering and designed so I dont feel it at all?

Hoofinit

Loc.
Bloomingdale
Radiator shutters

I had an old Fordson Major diesel tractor. It had a radiator shutter, it consisted of a lever up by the driver connected to a rod that went up to the shutters that blocked off the front of the radiator from air during the winter. Kind of like putting a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator so your car gets warm.

Tim

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Yeah. I think they're having fun with us! ;D ;D Oh, these old Bronco farts don't know!

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
i ordered mine about 4 weeks ago.still havent gotten it yet.i hope my wife dident throw it out thinkin it was junk mail.i told her to look for it so we shall see.ill keep you posted.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Called mine in yesterday and the guy said they could only get the information back to some point in 1968. My bronco is a 69, so he said there would be no problems. I quizzed him about the 68 comment he made and he said you can request anything, but in reality if you have an early 68 or earlier, they will not likely find any info for you.

Today I had a call from the contractor that they use to locate the records, at least that is what the lady said, and she gave me the 4-6 week spill. So we shall see if I ever get anything! Now just wait and see.

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
Ordered mine nearly 2 months ago. Just called them..and they said they mailed it on the 6th. So, hopefully....I will have mine soon.

Don't be surprised if the lack of a 17 digit VIN number throws them for a loop. If they get stuck on that, just advise the customer service rep. that "research" will have look into the "archives" for your VIN.

They've done plenty of them, so they know how.

bradj1964

I have a 1967 u 14 half cab made in december 1966, they sent me the build sheet about 3 weeks after I called with no problems

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
Those of you that acquired your Bronco in fairly stock condition: How accurate was the Build Sheet compared to your vehicle?

I've had my Bronco for about 24 yrs. now...and am the second owner. So...I happen to know very well how it came equipped. It will be interesting to see how close they come to it.