• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front 4 link pics

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
is that antirock going THROUGH the frame?

Yes - It does pass through the frame and under the trans.

Bar and arms are Speedway engineering pieces. He made his own ends using barstock and heims.

Here's a view with the arms removed

Attachments

• 102703 Trans.JPG
    102703 Trans.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Calculated manually (as part of a Master's Thesis project.) I've only got a handful of the finished drawings with everything laid out (none of the calcs that got us there - so they're not meaningful at this point.)

It's my friend's work - keep in mind it was built for sand running (not rock-crawling) The rear swingarms sit fairly low as do the middle lower mounting points to get the IC where he wanted it for launch.

68ford

Bronco Guru
Here is a pic. Triangulated 4 link front on an EB with hydro assist. No different than regular power steering.

GetAttachmentaspx3.jpg

but it will always have bumpsteer, steering swings on an arc and the axlegoes straight up and down, might not be a lot, but it will be there.

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
but it will always have bumpsteer, steering swings on an arc and the axlegoes straight up and down, might not be a lot, but it will be there.

drop pitman arm and high steer would flatten that drag link right out virtually eliminating the bump steer, right?

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
68 ford, you are right. I was just commenting that someone said earlier that a triagulated 4 link cant be done unless you have full hydo. Yes, bumpsteer, but I think that can be controlled to a point to where it is one of the better link setups. I dont think any of them are perfect, and is going to be a case by case basis factoring in the owner and type of driving.

The farther that suspemsion drops, the longer that drag link would need to be to keep the steering wheel and tires in the same place. Since having a magical drag link that gets longer and shorter with suspension travel has not been made yet, no matter have drop pitman, either the steering wheel will turn, or the tires will. Drop pitman and high steer will help though. With that 4 link, the flatter the drag link, the better.