• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

front speakers

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I swiped an idea from, I believe, Donsbolt. He had used electrical junction boxes to mount some 4" speakers behind the back seat. I did a similar thing but made some brackets that mount them to the bottom of the dash--back underneath the dash. They dont get in the foot-space and they can be slightly turned to project the sound in a particular direction if desired. I bought some moderately high end 4" speakers (JL) for them and they sound great. Even provide a nice mid-bass.

The electrical junction boxes are 4X4" and the speaker mounts-in my application-in the lid. The way they are mounted makes it just complicated enough that it would take a little time or special tools to remove them.

jfleck

Loc.
Richmond
Tuffy make a great speaker box that fits under the dash in front of shifters. Makes a world of difference with the top off.

moe d

Loc.
chicago, il
i built a 2 speaker pod and mounted it under the dash in front of the heater and gear shifters..

Attachments

• stereo front speaker box.jpg
    stereo front speaker box.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 149