• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frostbite 08 at Kansas Rocks Feb 23rd

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Quit watching the weather and live on the edge! I don't think it will be as bad as they say.:p ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just got the radiator back in tonight. Hope I don't have problems on the way there. I'm still going to try and make it one way or another. I'm hoping it won't be to bad. Our area shows less than 1 inch accumulation.

2Broncos- Sorry you guys aren't going to make it. I understand. It looks like you guys are going to have that wintery mix stuff again!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Quit watching the weather and live on the edge! I don't think it will be as bad as they say.:p ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just got the radiator back in tonight. Hope I don't have problems on the way there. I'm still going to try and make it one way or another. I'm hoping it won't be to bad. Our area shows less than 1 inch accumulation.

2Broncos- Sorry you guys aren't going to make it. I understand. It looks like you guys are going to have that wintery mix stuff again!

yeah, and on top of that we still have 'flu' stuff hanging on and durn
sure don't want it again!!:p

OP
OP
I

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
looks like we are all leaving early saturday morning. How does the parking work out trailer wise? Just curious if its been pretty crowded in previous years. I'm still up for an eb trail run if its gonna happen.

Truck and trailer parking is always really packed. We've got an experienced crew parking everyone so we will do our best to get every one a spot. Jake

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Truck and trailer parking is always really packed. We've got an experienced crew parking everyone so we will do our best to get every one a spot. Jake

Good thing we're getting there early. ;D Lot of folks for 230 acres.. LOL. It'll still be fun.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
yeah, and on top of that we still have 'flu' stuff hanging on and durn
sure don't want it again!!:p

that crap is running ramped around here about everyone i know has had or do have it even my kids, but not me yet%) Get well soon and everyone have a safe/warm time oh yeah don't forget the pics;D

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
Maybe next year you can call it the "Sunny, dry, and 50 degree Run". It seems like the weather likes to follow the name of the event. I love coming up to KSROCKS, but I sure would like to see what it is like when is not covered in several inches of muck!

OP
OP
I

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
Here is the latest of things to keep in mind for Frostbite 08!

First of all be careful if the weather in your area looks unsafe to travel it’s better to be safe than sorry.
If you can’t make it we will keep your merchandise at the park office where it can be claimed for 90 days following the event.

Tow rig parking will be tight as usual. We will do our best to get you parked in a situation where you can easily get out when you are ready to leave.

Please remember there is NO ALCOHOL allowed in the park. PERIOD.

Trail Guides: if you guys think you have what it takes to show some people around the park let us know we’ll put you to work!

Geo Caching: You will receive you first set of coordinates in your registration. There will be no meeting before hand. Please ask if you have any questions.

In order to make getting in the park as fast as possible you can fill out a WAIVER ahead of time by clicking here. EVERYONE one in your vehicle must be accounted for. http://www.ksrockspark.com/PDF/KRRPstandardwaiver.pdf?PHPSESSID=84d933868e155bc5dc3f7bbc735e0c7f

Lunch: We have some great chili and chili dogs from Two guys and a Grill. However we only have 8 picnic tables in the whole park for you to sit at. You might want to bring your camp chairs if you really want to make sure you get a place to sit and eat.

That’s all I have for now! Thanks, Jake

OP
OP
I

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
Maybe next year you can call it the "Sunny, dry, and 50 degree Run". It seems like the weather likes to follow the name of the event. I love coming up to KSROCKS, but I sure would like to see what it is like when is not covered in several inches of muck!

Whats funny was the first couple of events were so nice and dry and sunny and warm..... Guess we used all those days up. I thought I was hardcore until everyone showed me up last year. Couldn't believe how much fun was had with the terrible weather. I was completly beat.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Jake I sent you a pm & an email in regard to our shirts for
the 2 sets of Stites that registered. Hope you all enjoy and
we hope to see you before very long!

crewdg

Loc.
Heber Springs, AR
Jake, its not looking good for us either due to ice and unexpected family showing. Still haven't completely ruled it out yet, but can't tow with ice and can't drive because of lower gears. May have yellowbronc pick up our stuff if able. Was really looking forward to getting to Kansas Rocks this year.

Christine hope you all get feeling better. Its going around here to!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Thanks Crewdg
Maybe we can all arrange another trip to KS Rocks
it's only about 3 hrs for us and Gordon will know the
trails by then.
C&F

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
I'm now loaded and ready to roll!! It;s really nice when you have to spen a half hour breaking ice of you trailer before you can load up your bronco.

I had a few people going with me, but they all bailed. One didn't get off his butt and get his axles fixed and the other one says he is sick. That's OK, I am getting pretty use to all the slipping in sliding. Hell, I am not even going to put on my top (for the bronco that is).