• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel/Brake line clamps

Jaybr

Contributor
Does anyone know where I might get something similar to this triple line clamp from BC Bronco? They are currently on backorder so looking for an alternative.
6-fuel-line-clamps-1k.jpg

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I need something similar for my 4Runner, 1/2” fuel + double 3/16” brake lines, but haven’t searched yet. The originals had rubber bushings as well

Bonefizz

Contributor
Loc.
The poor house
Jaybr, send me a PM. I accidentally ordered twice as many as I needed from BC Broncos. I have extras. How many do you need?

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Anyone find anything else like this? I've been searching...would love to find this in black.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
I got a set from @Bonefizz, he had some extra's. BC Bronco's got them back in stock about a month ago and I got the second set I needed from them. Give them a call, they may have some left. If you want black you would probably have to paint them or have them powdercoated.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We don't have them quite that fancy, as ours are only 2-hole vs the 3-hole in the pics.
But we do have them in black! here: WH Hose Clamp Thingies
I like the stamped stainless myself, but the double aluminum ones are what we have in black.

What type of fuel tubing are you clamping?

Paul

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
We don't have them quite that fancy, as ours are only 2-hole vs the 3-hole in the pics.
But we do have them in black! here: WH Hose Clamp Thingies
I like the stamped stainless myself, but the double aluminum ones are what we have in black.

What type of fuel tubing are you clamping?

Paul
I'm open to ideas...the BC ones might be tough, esp since I have my body on and only 1" BL.

My brake lines are WH stainless and my fuel and return I'm making in Nicop (3/8 & 5/16) and then also making Trans cooler lines in 3/8.

Ideally, I'd love to find something like this Vintage Air one that looks like it could go on top of the frame rail, but screw into the side but it's been so many years since I took this thing apart that I really have no idea. what's best.

1681741539560.png

I also thought about 3d printing something like the VA one but with 3 slots. Even if it just had the top part and just clamped it down, that would work. I'm surprised I can't find something like that. How are others running 3 lines?

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
They are pretty easy to make. I used nylon but have made them from aluminum before. Need to shape the retainer the way you like, drill the appropriate size and number of holes then cut it in half.

Attachments

• fuel line1.JPG
    fuel line1.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 78
  • fuel line2.JPG
    fuel line2.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 79

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They are pretty easy to make. I used nylon but have made them from aluminum before. Need to shape the retainer the way you like, drill the appropriate size and number of holes then cut it in half.
Or take two pieces of stock and vice them together. Then use the seam as your center point and drill. Same principle, just eliminates having to cut them in half.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Or take two pieces of stock and vice them together. Then use the seam as your center point and drill. Same principle, just eliminates having to cut them in half.
Good point! That’s probably how those from BC are made. Ok, I have a few ideas to work with.

Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How are others running 3 lines?
Have you tried searching all clamps, including plastic?
The company Made-4-You made their name in handy dandy, colored plastic tube, clamps of various sizes and shapes.
You might check them out.

But remember, you need three or four position clamps. Feed, return, brake and maybe even wiring?😁

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Have you tried searching all clamps, including plastic?
The company Made-4-You made their name in handy dandy, colored plastic tube, clamps of various sizes and shapes.
You might check them out.

But remember, you need three or four position clamps. Feed, return, brake and maybe even wiring?😁
Thanks! I just looked them up…looks like Lokar just bought them.

Yeah, you’re right…wiring! Although mine might never come…but I will have lots of it if it does! I should prob spend some time underneath and figure out some places to put this stuff.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I also think McMaster Carr has good selection of similar style clamps.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I messed around a bit. One of the most difficult time wasters of 3d printing is the designing a part on a computer screen. I found a clip that someone else designed and just messed with the sizing. Not sure if it’s what I want but it’s pretty good and can do whatever color I want!

IMG_4934.jpeg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

just gotta take the time and make it right

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I messed around a bit. One of the most difficult time wasters of 3d printing is the designing a part on a computer screen. I found a clip that someone else designed and just messed with the sizing. Not sure if it’s what I want but it’s pretty good and can do whatever color I want!

View attachment 901186

that's using your imagination Good luck

Rsmith

Anyone know if BC still carries the above-mentioned line clamps. I cant find them on their site.