• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Fuel sending unit for 23 gallon rear tanks - New option

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspiers

Eric, please put me on the list if you still have stock available from your second order. Thx Tom

shill37

I'll take one if it is the right length for a BC EFI 23g tank. Let me know how to pay.

bentendo

Just put mine in. Tested outside the tank first, and what do you know?! Float at the bottom equals “E”, float at the top equals “F”. HALLELUJAH. Will finish installing tomorrow morning.

Notes:

Blue wire goes to gauge, brown to ground.

I had to cut a hole in my tank, about 1 1/8” I think. Just enough to clear the float.

If you need to drill holes, mark the 5 hole pattern, then drill using a 5/32” bit. Tap the holes using a 5mm x .80mm thread tap. I added lock washers, too.

4508281e891f1113d2376025de5ce5e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbwcr

Todd Z
I was hoping to drill the hole for the new sender on the drill press - not while it is on the tank. Working on removing the BC square plate. Did you ruin the square gasket?
It is really on tight.
Thanks, PaulW

HB73

How much are these? Price doesn't show up on mobile/tapakalk

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Todd Z
I was hoping to drill the hole for the new sender on the drill press - not while it is on the tank. Working on removing the BC square plate. Did you ruin the square gasket?
It is really on tight.
Thanks, PaulW

Hi Paul:

I haven't tried to pull mine off yet....I was hoping to successfully remove it and drill it in a drill press too.

Hopefully BC would have extra gaskets available if needed.

Todd Z.

pbwcr

After a lot of thinking I am going to destroy the seal by removing the square plate. I hope I do not distort the plate? Then I will go the the local rubber supplier and buy a square of nitrile sheet for that seal. That is what I did on the full size Bronco to get rid of its leak on its sender plate. I will take apart the sender attached to the square plate and drill the big and small holes.
For sure I will get an extra piece of Nitrile in case of my usual failures.
PaulW

Mark1911

Question in regards to the replacement sender here. I also have the BC broncos 23 gal tank. The fuel gauge does not start reading from E until I have 12 gallons in it. Anyways I took the tank out and removed the square plate, tried adjusting the arm to no avail. UGH cheap overseas parts. Ok I fell better. The measurement from where the plate attaches to the tank to the bottom of the tank is 14.5” will this sender work? It’s only 11” long. I can just drill a hole to install.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Question in regards to the replacement sender here. I also have the BC broncos 23 gal tank. The fuel gauge does not start reading from E until I have 12 gallons in it. Anyways I took the tank out and removed the square plate, tried adjusting the arm to no avail. UGH cheap overseas parts. Ok I fell better. The measurement from where the plate attaches to the tank to the bottom of the tank is 14.5” will this sender work? It’s only 11” long. I can just drill a hole to install.

Go back and re-read my comments in Post #18 on my thoughts regarding how much fuel I think will be left in the tank when this sender is on 'E'.

Todd Z.

pbwcr

Tried to post this from my phone and it never arrives , so here it is. Probably a repeat?

Just got back from adding gas.
Result my gauge starting move from E at 6.5 gal. At 15 gal gauge reads 3/4.
I am using a Speedhut gauge and DE sender with BC 23 gal tank.
Disappointed - YES!!

The DE unit is to short to give a meaningful low fuel level for the BC 23 gallon tank. I sure hope the design will have an option for the BC tank.

Anyway I took off the square cover and the gasket was undamaged and suitable for reuse. I drilled a 1.5" hole and made the necessary metric tapped holes to mount the sender to the plate. No issues to report. Verified my new gauge calibration and found it was a 70/10 ohm design - close enough.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Tried to post this from my phone and it never arrives , so here it is. Probably a repeat?

Just got back from adding gas.
Result my gauge starting move from E at 6.5 gal. At 15 gal gauge reads 3/4.
I am using a Speedhut gauge and DE sender with BC 23 gal tank.
Disappointed - YES!!

The DE unit is to short to give a meaningful low fuel level for the BC 23 gallon tank. I sure hope the design will have an option for the BC tank.

Anyway I took off the square cover and the gasket was undamaged and suitable for reuse. I drilled a 1.5" hole and made the necessary metric tapped holes to mount the sender to the plate. No issues to report. Verified my new gauge calibration and found it was a 70/10 ohm design - close enough.

Thanks for your report, Paul! I was curious if you ever got yours installed and what the results were. That's disappointing to hear that it still reads 'E' with so much gas in the tank. You mention at 15 gallons it reads 3/4 full. Does it get to 'F' when the tank is full?

Todd Z.

pbwcr

Todd, I did not fill it. The pump I was using was defective and kept shutting off unless I used a trickle. Gave up, I suffered to get that far. Meanwhile I will check my vent line to see if I did something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.