• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full Width Axle problems

freeride376

Loc.
North Ogden
K im new at this web site. I have so many questions. Where to start. So i just put full width axles under my bronco. Dana 44 in the front and Ford 9 in the back. They came off a 1977 Ford Pick up. Every thing works great. The only problem is now my headers block my front drive line. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions??:cry:

barnsbronco

When I swapped to fullwidths I had the same problem with my cage arms. I ended up buying a set of stock manifolds to fix the problem. I had saved my stock manifolds up until about 6 months before I did the swap and had scrapped them. Thats what I get for trashing good parts I guess.

trailbound

yup your gonna need shorties or the B.C broncos efi style which are a mid length I believe. WH shorties work, I know that for sure because we had to use those on my old man's FW swap with cage arms.

OP
OP
freeride376

freeride376

Loc.
North Ogden
Those wild horses shorties aren't cheap are they. Shorty's and college students don't mix. Maybe I'll try some stock manifolds. Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know they made the shorty headers. That will be a great option down the road.