• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas for our V8s

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
If it gets to where I can't afford to drive my rides I think I am going to polish them up from head to toe, set them on some red carpet in the garage and put some velvet red rope around them and display them as museum artifacts for everyone to see. ;D Then I'll just buy a cycle and hope for the best mpg I can possibly get.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
$99.79 filled my Tahoe this morning on my way to work. That sholud last me a week. Wonder how much it is going to cost me to trailer my Bronco around this summer? Might just have to build my own rock garden in the back yard.:-[

TOFIC...........I feel bad for our Northern Brothers.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
thats alright Mad, just venting a little about us all getting it in the wallet
Just to make you all feel a bit better about your cost of gas, ours just jumped again to 1.26.9 a liter this morning.
I started yelling at the station guy and his answer was "the cost of oil went way up" to which I said oil went up 40%, gas goes up 100% is that time frame, you want to tell me why the difference?.
I did not get answer to that one.
TOFIC

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Were almost $40 a week to mow the yard. Two riders mowing 5 acres 1-2 times a week.
Heres some info on the Dakota oil find.

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

"...and could cut the cost of oil in half in the long run."

As noted by an earlier poster..there is an equal chance, in my opinion, that those who control the price of a barrel of oil will do their darndest to make sure that last sentence from the article does not come true. The cost of the drilling infrastructure is much more palletable and attractive to investment when the returns are guaranteed/maintained at current levels...

...guess we'll see, won't we?%)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I did the $20 grass cut myself this weekend disel $3.98 a gal in MS.

I had a joke for ya but lost it

Anyway Garfield says....The problem is nobody checked the oil...we know we have oil in Texas Alaska Gulf of Mexico and other places but the problem is the DIPSTICKS are all in DC!

Case

Are they using Ethanol everywhere? I find a decrease in mpg with it; as if our crackerboxes weren't bad enough.

ethanol is not going to help us at all, in fact it just makes other items cost more.

augystroppe

Loc.
Los Angeles, Ca.
Could somebody explain to me why diesel is so fu@%en expensive right now when it's cheaper to make than gas...I'm in L.A./Pasadena area and I just saw a 76 selling it $4.76 a gal....91 gas at$4.05. I owned a 94 f250 diesel 7.3 back in 96'-99' and diesel was always cheaper than gas (87 oc) by at least 70 cents around L.A.....Now I'm looking to buy a Superduty F350 and I'm debating between a v10 or 6.0 !!! Oh, my wife just filled up her Expedition with $112.

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I spent $20+ mowing my lawn.

I'm trying to fill up the PSD when it gets to 1/2 tank, which cost me 60-68 bucks, 3 times a week .. Now I'm pulling a enclosed trailer behind it 4-5 days a week.. The Zero turn mower cost 36-38 buck to fill it up too.. I'm out almost 300 bucks a week. Having second thoughts on being a landscaper. Sorry to hi-jack your tread. Just needed to vent !!:mad:

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Fuel

Yeah...it is hard to say where this will all land. I agree that the prices we are paying now are artificially high (started with Katrina, remember that spike? Prices have never recovered). There is no incentive for the big oil companies to reduce their costs. Think of it from their business perspective: they are making record profits, they have record demand, and thus far there has been no reduction in demand as they ratchet up the price.

I have no idea what the answer is and cannot see where this will all land. I predict it will result in more efficient cars and a short term drop in value for our gas guzzling trucks and muscle cars, but it will recover as it did in the '70s. Remember the OPEC embargo - which killled the big detroit land cruisers and the muscle cars for 20 years? All of the Suburbans, Yukons, etc. will either go hybrid or fade away. Their resale is in the dumps..

Right now I have the engine out of my truck. I have seriously considered putting in a 6 cylinder or a diesel. But there is not much gain in going to a 6 with a 3 speed (in comparision to a V8 with overdrive), and diesel is so high - I would never recoup the investment. In the end I decided on rebuilding the 302 and putting in an overdrive. Honestly, I am more concerned with the gas in my big Dodge Ram daily driver than I am concerned about a hobby truck. I have considered selling the RAM. But is is paid for, gets 16-18 average...so I am waiting it out.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
The whole ethanol thing will not work. There is not enough ethanol to be produced to take a real bite out of the oil market, it just drives the price of corn/feed up. Using food stocks to fuel our vehicles is crazy. This is what happens when bad science (or lack of vision) is pushed by the government (see global warming arguments).

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Looks like it went up again.....

Attachments

• DSC03576.JPG
    DSC03576.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 41

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
AAAAHHHHH you poor thing you!
You know what you get from me sympathy NOT!!
This from a guy who gets free Broncos??
TOFIC

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Diesel is more than gas even though it costs less to produce because it is taxed at a higher rate. Just ways for our state goverments to make more money and tax us more.

For the most part as long as demand for fuel remains they are not going to lower the price of fuel. They are testing the waters to see how high they can push it before demand drops. If you profited from higher fuel prices, you would keep raising the price until demand dropped and profits started to fall, then you would level it off, sit back and rake in the money.

The weak dollar, somewhat unstable economy, higher foriegn demand and the trading of oil is keeping the prices high.

My personal opinion is we are going to see regular fuel hit $4.00 to $4.50 and then level back out to mid $3.00 range. Unless the U.S. starts pumping huge amounts of oil from the Gulf and Alaska, we are never going to see $1.50 to $2.00 per gallon fuel again. We could, but for some reason they won't!