• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
NO ( Public) cng in FL ... the tanks are kinda expensive and only last 5 years !!! would i try it ... yeah wy not !
hey skiddy ... on a efi 5.0 how much ??

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
NO ( Public) cng in FL ... the tanks are kinda expensive and only last 5 years !!! would i try it ... yeah wy not !
hey skiddy ... on a efi 5.0 how much ??

not sure you may ask planedrvr. but if you wan't to buy a natural gas compressor i can help;D

PlaneDrvr99

Loc.
Norman, Oklahoma
Actually the tanks now last 20 years. I've never seen a 5 year tank...

Hey Skiddy, you deal in Natural Gas Compressors? I have been considering one for my shop to fill my vehicles. I have looked at a couple of slow fill systems.

Last edited:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Actually the tanks now last 15 years. I've never seen a 5 year tank...

Hey Skiddy, you deal in Natural Gas Compressors? I have been considering one for my shop to fill my vehicles. I have looked at a couple of slow fill systems.

yes but they are too large for home use, made for field sites they run on natural gas as well as compress it. if you check out Cameron and the ajax product you will see what i mean.

GloNDark

It is my observation as an owner of a gas station that Oil companys are jacking prices right now so when the politicians bust there balls to lower prices as we get closer to november we will end up around 3.89 just like we are right now and the oil companys won't have to cut into their bottom line.

This is what I have been speculating for a while now as well.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I think the spike in oil costs are more geopolitical than collusion. First we have all the troubles going on in the Middle-East; Iran in particular, and then we have OPEC. Plus, we are getting into the driving season where demand goes up.

ransil

Bronco Guru
. Plus, we are getting into the driving season where demand goes up.

That is 4 months away..if it exists???

How come when a bucket of oil on the market goes up the stations prices instantly go up but like today when prices are going down they don't change...

here are some others "they" use..

Summer hurricane report come out.. gas goes up
somewhere in October.. winter is coming it predicted to be colder than normal..
Mid winter... winter is colder than predicted , never comes down when we have a mild winter..like this year
hurricane is nearing the gulf .. gas goes up.. 90% of the time they miss everything.

Last edited:

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Oil and gasoline prices don't exactly follow one-another, but generally do. Gas prices typically lag, but there is so many other things made from a barrel of oil. Gasoline is less than 50%. Oil prices are pretty volatile compared to gasoline prices. See chart in link. To get a good look, check the box to display crude oil prices and set the chart to a couple of years. It's quite interesting. Sometimes oil goes up, and gasoline goes down, other times it's opposite.

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
there is a lag between the price of gasoline being sold at the pump and the price of a barrel of oil when you look at them at the same time. ie. gasoline being sold at retail now was probably refined out of a barrel of oil that was purchased by the refiner maybe as far back as Dec-Jan. if the price of a barrel of crude moves up or down don't look for the exact same thing to happen at the gas pump on the same day.

PlaneDrvr99

Loc.
Norman, Oklahoma

Franko289,

Most of those tanks are used. thats why they have various expiration dates. All brand new tanks have a 20 year life till expiration. I just realized I put 15 years previously. It's 20.

You have to be carefull buying used tanks. Here in Oklahoma, we are not to far away from mandatory inspections and most used tanks wont pass. Mostly because of damage to the exterior of the tank.