• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

gear oil observation and Clear T-case cover

kntr

Bronco Guru
stlkikn said:
Simpson,
The Gear Gawker covers are manufactured by TOFIC. Available on your side of the border from either Chuck at BC Broncos or from The old fart himself....
I haven't busted mine up yet....

That is just too cool.... a great way to keep an eye on everything.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
stlkikn said:
Simpson,
The Gear Gawker covers are manufactured by TOFIC. Available on your side of the border from either Chuck at BC Broncos or from The old fart himself....
I haven't busted mine up yet....
I wish I could show a picture of mine.%) I finally gave up on it.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Simpson said:
where does the cover come from? Am I out of the loop here? Has anyone abused one yet. I would like to put on my tuff truck/rock crawler but not if its too thin. I'm getting a clear float bowl cover built for my preditor carb so I can always see when I have fuel. I broke a tooth off the idler gear last year during a race that clear cover would have been great.
Here's the original thread
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63092

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
SaddleUp said:
WHAT???? Why?? Dont tell me the post office lost yours again!!!
Drop me a note dammit I want to know what is going on
TOFIC

bralston

can you use silicone to keep your oil pan from leaking, no matter what I do installing that gasket my oil pan always leaks. WTF ?

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Gear Gawker Replacement!!

SaddleUp said:

NOBODY but NOBODY jerks my customers around!! period! end of story!!

Your new cover (again) is in the mail. A brand new 203 dual drain gear gawker with the number 43 on it. It left today.

TOFIC

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
TOFIC said:
NOBODY but NOBODY jerks my customers around!! period! end of story!!

Your new cover (again) is in the mail. A brand new 203 dual drain gear gawker with the number 43 on it. It left today.

TOFIC
Sounds great. I'll be watching for it. It will give me a good excuse to spend some time underneath instead of on the Top.

BTW, I worded that very carefully just for those of you with dirty minds.;D

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
Sounds great. I'll be watching for it. It will give me a good excuse to spend some time underneath instead of on the Top.

BTW, I worded that very carefully just for those of you with dirty minds.;D
LOL yes I wish I could show mine also;D . But I haven't installed it yet:cry:

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Skiddy said:
LOL yes I wish I could show mine also;D . But I haven't installed it yet:cry:
And why are we dragging our feet??
Let me guess, fixing the brakes was your next project? ( a sarcastic comment on dragging his feet)
As BroncoGirlie says "Get Her done!""
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
There yet??

SaddleUp said:

Has it arrived yet?? Man, good people being jerked around by government workers really PMO!!!
TOFIC

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
TOFIC said:
Has it arrived yet?? Man, good people being jerked around by government workers really PMO!!!
TOFIC
Yes, it got here Saturday. I just need to find some time now to swap it. Probably do it when I change my busted triple stick setup that's hanging loose for push/pull cables. When I do the cables I want to see if it will be something worth marketing so it may be awhile. (Need to get the soft tops caught up first)

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
TOFIC said:
And why are we dragging our feet??
Let me guess, fixing the brakes was your next project? ( a sarcastic comment on dragging his feet)
As BroncoGirlie says "Get Her done!""
TOFIC
Yep dragging is an understatement, I will put it on when I do my broken front gears (Santa please all I want;D ) also take pics:cool:

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
TOFIC I still haven't put mine on. Its been how long since you started selling them? I bought mine when they first came out. I need to move that up on my list of things to do. %)

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Broncoman said:
TOFIC I still haven't put mine on. Its been how long since you started selling them? I bought mine when they first came out. I need to move that up on my list of things to do. %)
JUNE of 2005!!! you were in the first wave to go out!!
Man, dragging your feet or what??
Do I have to make you a deal on the little one for your manual transmission to motivate you to get moving on this??
As broncogirlie says "get her done"
TOFIC

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I have some leaks coming out of t-case and I have been putting the cover off until I got them fixed. Its on my list though;D . Its gonna get put on one day. My luck I will crack it when I put it on.%)

Maybe when I finally get these rear discs finished.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Broncoman said:
My luck I will crack it when I put it on.%)
Do not talk like that. That's my luck... Literally. I have a cracked one in the garage somewhere that I tried to put on 6 months or so ago (After it sat here for 6 months). It shouldn't be too long before I get it (The replacement that finally got here Saturday) on now though as I'm getting tired of crawling underneath to shift the transfer cases. Especially when I try to get it in 2 Hi/Hi since one of them is a pain in the neck to get to shift into hi range from underneath.

Hogback

I finally broke down and ordered a gawker last night. I stress over whether or not there is fluid in there, now i'll be able to keep an eye on it.

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Hogback said:
I finally broke down and ordered a gawker last night. I stress over whether or not there is fluid in there, now i'll be able to keep an eye on it.
Some pictures to tease you with.
TOFIC

Attachments

• cover9.jpg
    cover9.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 15
  • cover10.jpg
    cover10.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 16
  • cover8.jpg
    cover8.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 17

Hogback

hey Old Fart, every thought about doing clear floor panels so we can watch the terrain below?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put mine on when I swapped my output shaft, figured it was a good time to do it incase I dropped on of the bearings...managed to do it without one falling out. I like it.