• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grafted Rear Fenders

Blake

Loc.
Alexandria, AL
Have any of you guys done the grafted rear fender cut-out. I saw a post many months ago concerning the grafted rear fenders wereas front fenders were used. I just wondered if any of you guys have any photos?

In addition, I think someone said that the right front was cut and used on the left rear etc... Any information would be helpfull.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
I like this look as well. It looks loke it was sent from the factory that way. I do not have any pics though, sorry.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I will see if I dig something up, but what I do know is the front left fender becomes the right rear. and the front Right becomes the left rear.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
103-0370_img.jpg
before i go to much further...this is what you are looking for...right?

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
[quote author=TexasBronco link=board=5;threadid=18540;start=0#msg142021 date=1055435568]
103-0370_img.jpg
before i go to much further...this is what you are looking for...right?
[/quote]

That Eb is mine. But that has a 3.5 inch duffy lift on it right there, and it would rub pretty bad with the 31s which are seen in the photo, when it would flex. I think it was a good idea but in order to make it work you would need to stretch the flares a little wider, particulary the side closer to the door. Anyway despite the "different look" that it had, I ended up cutting them out and replacing them with urethane flares.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Red67....corect me, but weren't your fender. front right, goes to rear right...instead of oppisites. I rememeber that if you switched them you would have more clearence by the door and could even cut a little on the rear for a bobbed effect.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Yes, you are correct. The PO used the same side fronts for the rear. I see what you are saying by flopping sides, but then i think it would look ass backwards. WIth them on the same sides the curves and the angles of the front and rear line up. If they were opposites the rear flares would look to be "sloping" to the middle. That is just my insignificent opinion. Another reason I cut them off was becasue of the amount of Bondo the PO used in this "grafting". In some places it was an inch thick. Anyway the bondo began to crack and started to look real shitty. Still the fact is that the flare is still gonna be the same size (width) as the front, and I guess it should work with 33s but i think it would be tougher with anything bigger. To each his own.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Good Job Texas77........ and if you are gonna do that much work anyway, you can raise the rear quarter...or whats left of it to match up with the curve....then you could have a semi bobbed tail look too.