• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grill Data?

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do the numbers stamped into a grill indicate anything?
20230224_175418.jpg

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting, and that's what made me curious. I thought that 66 could be the year also. The title says 71, but it has no marker lights, so I'm thinkin' 66 or 67. Guess i'd better do one of those Marti things.

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good question. I did not get a title when I bought it. I acquired the Bronco at the Ford/Bronco swap meet in Hudsonville way back when the earth was still cooling, Bought it from North Pekin Mike, a member here. I did not apply for a title until later when I seperated body and chassis. The vin number on the chassis is U15FLF9372, had a state cop verify it. The Bronco had a 170 in it, which I sold to Sam, also a member here. He reported back to me that the engine serial numbers indicated it was a 1966. I just happened to notice the numbers on the grill this week as I glanced at the grill while eating a sandwich. I also have an intact glove box tag, but I haven't compared the two. Here it is the day I adopted it.
1677458380686.jpeg

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Is there a data tag on the kick panel?
Is it an "eyebrow" grill?
What do the dash knobs look like? (Picture would be great)
Are the rear shocks forward of the rear axle or rearward?

Body may not be original to the frame as well.

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No data tag, Idon't know how to identify an 'eyebrow' grill. I will take a pic tomorrow, rearward. When I seperated the chassis and body, they seemed to be very compatible.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I was thinkin`g that it was just a part number for the grill except the 66 grill part number should be a different number part than a 71 grill (eyebrow grill and all that). It will be intersting to see what you have. In that picture, the absence of side markers certainly would fit the 66.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
No data tag, Idon't know how to identify an 'eyebrow' grill. I will take a pic tomorrow, rearward. When I seperated the chassis and body, they seemed to be very compatible.
Oh man, bee-bop-sh'bam, it is a prerequisit to be a member here to know what an eyebrow grill is. :p It is one of the early early classic "things" as Joe Biden would say... you know... the thing. Ha! 🤓

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
There weren't any eyebrows on 66's built after November/Early December 65' though. U15FL"F" is a 69' vin with a 170 six cylinder, but U15FLF9372 is one digit short of a full vin. Zooming in on your pic in your avatar, your dash is a modified 68' and later dash.

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh man, bee-bop-sh'bam, it is a prerequisit to be a member here to know what an eyebrow grill is. :p It is one of the early early classic "things" as Joe Biden would say... you know... the thing. Ha! 🤓
Yeah, no doubt Mark, but you have probably figured out by now that I'm a slow learner. And a slow Bronco-izer. But I do know a thing or two about eyebrows. Grills, not so much.
1677499677949.jpeg

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There weren't any eyebrows on 66's built after November/Early December 65' though. U15FL"F" is a 69' vin with a 170 six cylinder, but U15FLF9372 is one digit short of a full vin. Zooming in on your pic in your avatar, your dash is a modified 68' and later dash.
Thanks Okie, I can see you've earned the "Guru" status!

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Dadgum Howard! Are those your real eyebrows. I gotta have your autograph.

Attachments

• not worthy.jpg
    not worthy.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Big double-yuppers on the brows Ken! Just like my grandpa had! He never cut 'em and neither have I. I've kept 'em sorta in honor of him, although eyebrows might be a pitiful excuse for honor. Sometimes when my bride takes me out in public, I wax them, so as to not scare the young'uns. Maybe, if they get long enough, I'll do a comb-over to cover the empty space of my noggin. I mean the outside, not the inside.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Let's see. All our guesses covered 66, 68, 69, and of course there was the title of 71. What happened to 67 and 70? Can't we find a reason to suspect that?