• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GT-40 Intake

modifier999

Loc.
St. Joseph
I have the first piece for my EFI swap. The intake is from a 2001 Explorer. I know its not hte preferred intake of choice, but i got it dirt cheap. What do I need to do to it to make it work, besides the fuel rails. I am waiting on P-heads also.

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
what else you need depends on your plans. tb, spacer, iac, egr, etc.....

its a great choice for an intake, who told you it wasn't?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, who said not so good, I'm looking for exactly what you have, except the planet of Earth has also decided to want this item and every one on ebay goes easily over $225.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
GT-40 intake

I have an upper and lower for sale from a explorer/mountaineer. Actually I have the whole motor including the P heads.

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Ben

NYLES

Bronco Guru
P heads ya say? aint hard to find just use FRP shorties run all plug wires underneath except #7 & #8. the bend on the exhaust pretty easy.

OP
OP
M

modifier999

Loc.
St. Joseph
Just not sure on where the ACT sensor goes. The hole in the back perhaps? This is going to be my first EFI conversion and I want it to work and look good.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
air temp sensor will either go in the intake or in the intake hose to the TB. If you have the newer style lower intake, you can also tap the flat spot where they used to locate the air temp sensor. However most that have done that wishes they had just put in front of the TB, it works either way. Not a whole lot of metal in that little flat spot to tap so be careful.

Ben

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Really doesnt get too awfull tight. The header just turns down right on top of the frame, leaving you with a funny lil bend, but If your exhaust shop is even good enough to stay in business they wont even blink about it! And nothin will touch.

Ill see if i can take a pic when I get home. since my tub is still off you can see it pretty good.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Please get me a pic! I am running the stock 5.0 headers and I haven't anyone locally that can get them to seal properly. I was considering going to the BC headers for that reason and the fact they fit the GT40P heads.

Ben

OP
OP
M

modifier999

Loc.
St. Joseph
There is a hole at the back of the intake with a rubber grommet about 3/4" dia. It goes straight through the intake and there is a metal shield on the bottom. What is this for?

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
It's for the PCV valve, if it has a screen at the bottom pull it and make sure that it's caked with grease. If it is discard and replace or just discard it.

also go to your local bookstore or online and pickup a copy of the Probst book on fuel injection. It's invaluable.

To go search here at the tech section for the EFI 5.0 swap, it will also answer a ton of questions for you.

Ben