• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

H4 Headlights

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL
This was from the vintage mustang forum and figured some people here might be interested in them. Toyota has their H4 7" glass headlights on clearance and it comes with a wiring harness and relays. I bought my set for under $15 from my local toyota dealer for my 66 mustang. Average price has been around $15-25. Don't order from the first link below but use the part number (8111060P70) or use the second link.

https://parts.toyotasouth.com/oem-parts/toyota-headlamp-assembly-8111060p70

https://autoparts.toyota.com/products/product/headlamp-assy-8111060p70

Here is a link to the post from the mustang forum with pictures.
https://www.vintage-mustang.com/posts/10986635/

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Someone else discovered this deal! :). A number of us found this out a few months ago and I ordered a set just to have a backup since they're so cheap. Everything appears to be top quality and the pricing is out of this world!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
R

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL
I bought 2 sets, I’m pretty sure I already have upgraded lights so these will probably sit on the shelf as backups.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
What the lens looks like:
i-MJwtbS6-L.jpg

The relays are odd, shouldn't be too difficult to replace them with Bosch 'Sugar Cubes' or whatever should it bother a person.
i-RtZwVKM-L.jpg

Some other pics of the harness:
i-cfLmRB4-L.jpg

i-NjbxNs8-L.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
JUST ordered 2 sets...for that price you can't go wrong

Contributor
How do these compare to the Holley retrofits ?

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I think I will order a set, thanks for the link. I bought some Ebay LED ones a couple of years ago and have never really like them. To modern for the old girl.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
When a Hella H4 light assembly, not a pair or a kit with a harness and relays, just a single light runs $45-$50 each on amazon is free shipping all that important?

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
How did you get free shipping?
I ordered 4 sets . When I went through check out it gave me the Labor day sale and free shipping. If it hadn't done that I would have just went with the dealer pickup option. My total was $78.37. I think there is a minimum purchase amount for free shipping????

Yes I have tooooo many vehicles.

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How do these compare to the Holley retrofits ?
The Holley retrofits are LED lights. If these Toyota lights are H4 style, as mentioned, then it’s a completely different animal.
If so, they have a replaceable standard incandescent bulb. Hence the “H4” designation.

Honestly, I hate Toyota lights because of their glare driving into you. At least the older truck lights.
The lenses look really good in that picture above, so hopefully these are some of the better ones.
As soon as anyone hooks them up, please post up a report!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The relays are odd, shouldn't be too difficult to replace them with Bosch 'Sugar Cubes' or whatever should it bother a person.
i-RtZwVKM-L.jpg
I probably wouldn’t bother replacing them.
They’re becoming a fairly common type of aftermarket relay. And I believe Toyota uses them in some OE applications. Probably other manufacturers as well.
If these are Toyota spec parts, they are probably high-quality and should last a long time. Probably pretty weatherproof as well.
The cheap Chinese knock offs have the same issue any other cheap Chinese knock off has. Which is hit or miss quality.
Some have no issues, while others fail prematurely.
We’ve had good luck with them for several years now. Nice and compact and I’ve found them to be readily available at local auto parts stores when needed.
Just like any relay, though, it doesn’t hurt to have a spare or two in the glovebox.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I ordered 4 sets . When I went through check out it gave me the Labor day sale and free shipping. If it hadn't done that I would have just went with the dealer pickup option. My total was $78.37. I think there is a minimum purchase amount for free shipping????

lol, yea I was hoping you had found a loop hole. Closest dealer to me is 45 mins, so I guess I'll pay shipping.

OP
OP
R

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL

Yeah over $75 gets free shipping

serial car restorer

Contributor
Loc.
Western Oregon
Neither of my local dealers show up in a search, so apparently they aren't participating. For those of you who have ordered, do you just pick a location at random to order from?

OP
OP
R

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL
Neither of my local dealers show up in a search, so apparently they aren't participating. For those of you who have ordered, do you just pick a location at random to order from?
You may have to call the parts department. My local dealer didn’t show up but the one the next town over did so I just ordered from them.

serial car restorer

Contributor
Loc.
Western Oregon
I just ordered a set. Hoping this truly is a pair of lights, not just one single. Three dealers in Oregon were shown, and oddly all 3 showed different prices. I saved $3 by picking the furthest away.

078a0ef80ebf1cfc5b2e7dea07052a82.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Got my 2 kits yesterday....it is as advertised