• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half Cab Rear Window Ideas

jimmyv65

I am going with a Bronco Designs half cab top. That forces me to do something a little different because the size doesn't allow the stock window.

Over the years, I've seen a few options for the rear window. I'd love to see anything cool and different that you can think of.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The vendors used to sell the bubble Windows. Little more head room I guess....at least backwards head room, lol.

I have seen some guys incorporate a,wagon's back lift gate into their half cab.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it's not the stock size, what does BD say to fit into it? They should have it sized for something existing I would think (it's larger, correct?) so they should know.

Larger is better I think. And if it's something normal like a Ranger or similar pickup that's great 'cause you can use a sliding window for one that would work pretty slick I would think.

Paul

KBUCK1

Doghows put a slider in his bronco design top. I put a standard window in mine. It looks like the original. Not sure if its the exact size or not. I made a template and had the glass cut

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
On my halfcab project i'm going to move the rear window / back panel of the cab back flush with the rear of the corners. Hope to benefit from this thread too.. for now considering a ranger window

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I like the bubble window idea but finding one will be next to impossible. They were a product of the 70's custom van trend. It was a window made for vans and sedan deliveries that just happened to fit in the half cab opening. If you could find one it would be anbery cool retro touch to the half cab

OP
OP
J

jimmyv65

If it's not the stock size, what does BD say to fit into it? They should have it sized for something existing I would think (it's larger, correct?) so they should know.

Larger is better I think. And if it's something normal like a Ranger or similar pickup that's great 'cause you can use a sliding window for one that would work pretty slick I would think.

Paul

They suggest you get a piece of glass cut locally to size and use glass adhesive to install. That would be simple enough to do. I was just hoping someone had another idea.

OP
OP
J

jimmyv65

I am going with a Bronco Designs half cab top

I went into this thinking there are a few ways to go:

1) Glass: As suggested by BD, get some glass cut, fit & glue.

2) Slider: Fit in a slider from something or get a custom made slider.http://www.all-rite.com/windows/all-rite-slider-windows

3) Convertible Window: Get a local rag top shop to make a flexi-plastic window that could be velcro'd in or or snaps.

4) Liftgate: I am thinking you could make a custom lift gate. I just am not sure this would be that useful.

5) Lexan: Could do a plastic like Lexan and glue or screw.