• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Rocker Mass Buy - Ends 7/8/07

Hawk

American Bronco Co. is pleased to announce a mass buy on the Hanson Rocker Panels

See Below for all the details

Available for:
66-77 Early Broncos

Description:
Hanson Rocker panels combine tough 3/16" steel, maximum bottom and side impact protection, and sleek styling. Panels attach easily with 5/16-18 truss head machine screws (provided) into side of tub and through body flange on the bottom or they can easily be welded in.

Hanson Rocker Panel protrude out 2 1/2" from tub for maximum door panel protection and 5" high on sides for the ultimate rocker protection.

All Early Bronco Rocker Panels are one piece.

The ends of all rockers are cut to fit stock Early Bronco’s without fender flares. The length can be trimmed to accommodate fender flares.

All products shipped bare steel.

Available Options:
Compound miter cut to match the flare angle. They are capped and ground smooth. Capping prevents the ends from distorting, as this is where the rockers will take a good percentage of hits. Capping the ends is an extra step that is worth the effort to create a much stronger rocker panel.

Construction:
All Rocker Panels - 3/16" Hot Rolled Steel

Pricing:
All Rocker panels - (All Years): $162.00 set Mitered and Capped: $250.00 set

Mass Buy requirements:
Minimum order for the mass buy is 15 sets (with or without end caps).
Price does not include shipping. You can estimate shipping at 60 pounds from area code 90650 using UPS. I can ship from California to Maine for $65.00
Lead time is two to three weeks once the mass buy has ended.
Only firm orders will be considered for the mass buy.
Mass Buy ends July 8th.

To Order:
Contact American Bronco Co. at 562-569-1991 or visit us on the web at www.americanbronco.com
;D

Last edited:

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Mass Buy

I will not make a negative comment on the quality of the hanson products because I just received a front and rear bumper from the latest mass buy and they are great. The only thing I will say is that the two to three weeks lead time for them to ship the product is a joke. You better make that about three to four months. Those that were in the last buy can back me up on this. I will say that Cary and Paul did everything they could to make the dealings with Hanson as smooth as possible. Thanks 69sport

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
American Bronco's typical lead time for "CAPPED" Hanson Rockers is two weeks or less. "UNCAPPED" ships out the next day the order was placed. With the mass buy and not knowing how many will want them capped it's hard to come up with a firm delivery. We will however be delivering in weeks NOT months...

Scott
ABCO

Sabas

Kanter

It looks that you save $20 on either the capped or upcapped product. $20 is $20 for me.

Sabas

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
Here are a few Hanson Rocker photos. These Hanson Rockers keep the rocks off your sheet metal rockers and doors, plus they make great pivot points. Try that with other rockers out there...

Scott
ABCO

Attachments

• 100_2736r.jpg
    100_2736r.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 153
  • PS B4 Install Flare Trim r.jpg
    PS B4 Install Flare Trim r.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 119
  • PS After InstallWEB.JPG
    PS After InstallWEB.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_2723r.jpg
    100_2723r.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 121

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
I will not make a negative comment on the quality of the hanson products because I just received a front and rear bumper from the latest mass buy and they are great. The only thing I will say is that the two to three weeks lead time for them to ship the product is a joke. You better make that about three to four months. Those that were in the last buy can back me up on this. I will say that Cary and Paul did everything they could to make the dealings with Hanson as smooth as possible. Thanks 69sport

Bought these in the first mass buy and still happy. Price is the same now as 3 years ago so it is a good deal.
Working with Scott is easy both phone and email, I have bought other stuff from ABCO and Scott went over board to get it to me when needed. So you can trust when he says it will be weeks not months it will be weeks.
Marty

97XEB

Man, have I been waitin' for this!! I need rocker protection and have been eyeing these up for a long time now... I love the styling of these and the fact that you can use them as a step / pivot point. Even though I've only had a few interactions with him so far, I have nothing but good things to say about Scott from American Bronco. He's been a very responsive, stand-up and patient guy. I also have a Hanson front bumper that is both unbelievably stout and definitely a true work of art! In short, I'm about 99% in... :p

The one question / concern I have is how well these in 3/16 compare to some of the 1/4 choices out there like the rocker rappers, BCB skis, duffs, etc. Post up your experiences please...

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA

Clarification: This rocker design was originally made by Wayne Hanson a number of years ago. Wayne has not made these in years, But Scott at American Bronco does. The Hanson Enterprise's bumpers are made by a company that Wayne H. is currently involved with. They are two different companies selling products that were originally designed by Wayne Hanson. I bought these rockers on the last mass buy and I am Very happy with them and the service that was provided by Scott. I would buy another set for my 77EB if I only I had some extra $$$ .

Doug

For Pics see: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65080&highlight=hanson+rockers

They are full length and capped. Both my wheel openings are cut...

Last edited:

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Correction

Hey Guys and Scott from ABCO I did'nt mean any thing negative about you guys in my orginal post. I thought that the rockers were coming from Hanson and we did have a big problem with them durning the bumper mass buy with getting the product out in a timely matter, that was my only point. Sorry about that, it was my miss understanding. I hope the buy goes great, it looks like a great product. 69sport

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
Installation instructions are provided with each order, but generally speaking the Hanson Rocker fits over the stock rocker and bolts to the lower seam, fender and quarter panel. I have seen them installed with no existing rocker by fabricating a back up structure; they have also been welded in.

BTW: There is a photo posted earlier that shows a before and after

Scott

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
thanks guys. mine did not come with instructions, though i did find them online.

evidently, they sent 4 bracket parts when i needed 6, and one of the pieces they did send was the wrong part. i called them yesterday and they were great. the correct brackets should be here later this week.

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
thanks guys. mine did not come with instructions, though i did find them online.

evidently, they sent 4 bracket parts when i needed 6, and one of the pieces they did send was the wrong part. i called them yesterday and they were great. the correct brackets should be here later this week.

This post belongs somwhere else...American Bronco only fabricates the Hanson Rocker...and it dosn't take any brackets.

Scott

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So, to get things clear, this rocker ski just bolts to the existing sheetmetal? it does not tie into the frame?

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
So, to get things clear, this rocker ski just bolts to the existing sheetmetal? it does not tie into the frame?

There really isn't a need to tie these to the frame since the load of the Bronco is distributed over the entire length. It can be tied into the frame with some fabrication...kinda like tying in a roll cage. If the stock rockers are rotted away I would fabricate a means to attach the Hanson Rocker to the frame rail or just run a 2x4x3/16 tube under the door sill if the rockers are that far gone.

Scott