• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of Hanson rocker gaurds please

JoeLat

My instructions say nothing about a backing plate...
Keep the pics coming, I won't get back on these till Saturday.

Sorry, you are right. I think I got the backing plate idea from 904's install. I can try to take a pic of the plates I made. They are just from steel stock.

JoeLat

Just a hint...you might want to put some tape on the rig so that you don't sratch it up. Especially if you going it alone. Here is a pic of my backing plates and how I drilled them. However, I am sure you probably have better tools than I at the machine shop.

Attachments

• tape.JPG
    tape.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 56
  • tape 2.JPG
    tape 2.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 65
  • backing plate.JPG
    backing plate.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 57
  • drill set.JPG
    drill set.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Just a hint...you might want to put some tape on the rig so that you don't sratch it up. Especially if you going it alone. Here is a pic of my backing plates and how I drilled them. However, I am sure you probably have better tools than I at the machine shop.

Good tip on the tape.. I've actually got the whole rocker and part of the fender covered in that blue painters tape.
Wonder where I might find something like flare welting in town.. I think that might be cool along the top edge of the hanson.. Thoughts??

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
The bed liner is from WalMart, and is Rustolium. I applied it over POR 15 while it was still tacky. I was on some rocks in Moab this spring and just did a touch up with a can of the same and you can't even tell.

As far as the bolts.

What he said, [ Quote 904Bronco] Here are a few more from my former 75...

.[/QUOTE]It is the same thing I did and I based it off of his nice install. I seen his post from a few years back and liked his job so well I did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

.[/QUOTE]Wonder where I might find something like flare welting in town.. I think that might be cool along the top edge of the hanson.. Thoughts??.[/QUOTE]

Thats what both of these have 904Bronco and mine. Can get it at an automotive paint store usually.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
"Thats what both of these have 904Bronco and mine. Can get it at an automotive paint store usually."

I used VW Bug fender welting ;D

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I finally got these things finished up..I bet I've got 12 hours in fitting and trimming the flares and welding/finishing the end caps.. I'm gonna replace bolts with SS button heads.. They turned out pretty good , I really like the look. I bought a roll of fender flare welting to finish the top edge at the bottom of the door. Im glad I did B/C my rocker wasn't very strait and there was a gap. The welting finished it off nicely;D

c21bcc6a.jpg

e1ff65bd.jpg

78ce9909.jpg

c5828595.jpg

069afd91.jpg

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Look good billy! Tues is a "IF" workin 4-12 Sun Mon, Dont know about Tues yet, hell I may be off.

JoeLat

Wow, nice job man. If I had your skills, I would have preferred to do mine like yours. Very clean lines.