• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone come up with a way to pump gas at the station like a normal person?

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Try using a hand impact to remove the Phillips screws...I dont think they will make it fill faster....lol

OP
OP
HoldMyPocket

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
Yeah well Bundy, I'm shorter than you... I don't look cool at all and I need to stand on my toes so I can hold it upside down! If I had gone with a 5.5" and 1 inch body I'd be screwed!

I don't think I've met a normal person who owns a Bronco :)

I gotta clock mine at 12:00 and just try to put a foot up like one of those cowboy silhouettes to look cool

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Hahaha, yeah I could see it being hard to look cool on your tippy toes and I think it is really a PITA filling up any Bronco. I can see where you are coming from though... I want to walk away during fill-ups too but mostly because it hurts to sit there and watch that pump ring up 23 gallons of gas! :-[

Bulletman

My '74 with factory rear tank fills just fine, slap the nozzle in and hold it wide open no problem.

As the auxillary tank was leaking I took it out and haven't replaced it yet.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Mine fills up just fine even with the California vapor junk on the nozzle. Originally I could not but after finding my filler vent was cut and had a bolt zip-tied into what remained of the vent hose (and replacing said hose) mine fills just as easily as my (modern) daily driver. Even works with the little trigger holder-upper thingy too. Set it and forget it!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The vapor canister doesn't affect refueling but there is a 1/2" vent hose that runs parallel to your fill hoses that will affect filling if it is missing or blocked.

myclsic69

Mine is , Pump the gas in slow, and listen close for it to fill up so you don't get the SPLASH!

RV77

Loc.
Springfield,IL
So here are a couple of pictures of what I have going on:

The Filler
VCYwK.jpg

The Tank
8g1Z4.jpg

What should be on those two tubes on the left?

I have the same tank but NO problems.One of those two on the left are marked vent and I have a long hose that runs from it,up inside my rear fender w/ a vent for a differential in the end.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I have the same tank but NO problems.One of those two on the left are marked vent and I have a long hose that runs from it,up inside my rear fender w/ a vent for a differential in the end.

Does it ever build up pressure when your full and parked on a grade and push gas out?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
My trail junk doesn't even do this... Leaks at extreme angles, but nothing else. Tkaes gas like my new car and burns it twice as fast!

xlt79brnc

Loc.
Satsuma, Alabama
This might help. Look at the end of the nozzle before you start filling. The part that makes the nozzle cut off is at the top of end of the nozzle. The nozzle end gets worn or bent and causes the nozzle to cut off. So when your trying to fill up look at the end, you'll see a little square. Thats what cuts off the nozzle so keep that in mind.

nathan_1970

I have this issue but only with my auxiliary tank. My tanks are stock. It would be nice to figure out how to fix this.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
If I clock mine to three o'clock I get go results with most pumps.... but have to stand there and hold the nozzle till she's done.......

that sounded kinda dirty.......:eek:

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
I did a custom job on mine with the aero cap also have the 23 gal tank. custom
Built a vent and one of the 1/4 tubes I ran and zip tied it up around the filler neck as high as I could get it as an additional vent I have no problem filling my tank. I called the manufacturer They told me to do this with the 1/4 inch tube. You can check out my build for pics.