• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Having the truck Painted. What brand do I need?

AthensHorse

Loc.
Starkville
What is the best brand paint I can buy? I don't care about costs, I just need something that will last. I plan on painting the bronco in a couple of months and want to get some input on what to buy. Thanks

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Go talk to your local paint shop, they can fill you in on the varying types of paint out there. I just painted mine with a single stage urethane. It is durable and inexpensive, so I won't cry when I scratch it wheelin'. :'(

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
I dont know what the best is but PPG Concept is pretty good stuff. Maybe not the cheapest though. If youre going to do it yourself you need a breathing apparatus or it will harm your lungs seriously as in deadly.

Krusher

Loc.
Brookhaven, MS
Sikkens color build system hands down. But be prepared for "sticker shock". also, you can only get this from a professional body shop.

4x4DRIVER

Loc.
north carolina
I have seen several Harleys at shows and rallys that had House of Kolor brand paint on them and they were exceptional. It's definetly not a cheap paint so I wouldn't use it for trail riding but for show cars it's great. I do know they have one color that costs almost a thousand dollars a quart.

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
4x4DRIVER said:
I have seen several Harleys at shows and rallys that had House of Kolor brand paint on them and they were exceptional. It's definetly not a cheap paint so I wouldn't use it for trail riding but for show cars it's great. I do know they have one color that costs almost a thousand dollars a quart.

Alot of the house of Kolor Paint isnt to bad. I bought a quart of House of Kolor "Chrome Yellow" for my bike and it was $54 a quart compared to the Dupont Eqivalent of $76. House of Kolor has some amazing colors but the guy at the body shop said it wont last as long as the Dupont. Whatever that means.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Krylon. ;D

Mine is destined for trail duty, so that's the next paintjob it gets. Easy to touch up, and I can afford to repaint it every year or so if I desire another color :cool:

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
There really isn't that much difference between the brands of paint. The old term you get what you paid for really applies to the amount of prep and what you are going to do with your vehicle. You can spend thousands on a paint job and it won't look any better than a cheaper paint job if your prep work is not done correctly. Take your time, do it right and what you choose for paint will look good and last.

OP
OP
A

AthensHorse

Loc.
Starkville
Thanks guys! I am going to do some research on the different brands you guys mentioned. I hope to have it painted by this may.