• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hazzard switch intermitant

71corpus

the hazzard lights most of the time doesnt work. I know its the switch because when I squeeze the switch, it works (the steering wheel is off now). can I fix just the hazzard switch,or replace just the hazzard?
I'm thinking i'll have to replace the whole turn signal switch.jbg sells one a aftermarket turn signal switch for $45 and a oem for $80. I cant see o big difference between them so looks like if i do need a whole switch it'll be the $45 one.
can the collunm wireing be replaced without pulling out the collunm?

OP
OP

71corpus

figured i had to replace the whole turning switch to fix the hazzard switch so, what do I have to lose. drilled out the two small rivits carefully tugged and pulled only enough wires out of the channels to be able to spread the hazzard switch open enough to pull the pull knob out. there it was dust,dirt, and stuff. used a toothbrush, compressed air, small piece of red scotchbrite with needlenose pliers. put it all bach together,and it works like new. I'll get two small rivits or screws with nuts to replace those rivits that were drilled out and that should be that. thought I would post what i did for search purposes. I've been using the search feature on this sight a great deal lately. If you have any ideas on how to fix the broken off post and spring for the horn on this switch please let me know. for now i gues i'll use a mounted horn button.

OP
OP

71corpus

used very small ty wraps. squeezed the two halfs together, tighter than it was before I started.

OP
OP

71corpus

your turn, hazzard switch, and horn wiring are behind the steering wheel. dont decide on changing the switch untill you've seen it and checked it out.

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
Tom's has the Hazard swith for around $20 now that another company started producing them and they are more readily available.