• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlights & Dash Lights w/ Dimming pulse??

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Get an electronic voltage regulator to replace the mechanical one.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Origonal wiring has a lot of old connections as well as the old light & dimmer switches. A good mod it to install a light relay kit. Something I'm considering.

70_Steve

Old Guy
ditto on the electronic regulator. it fixed the same problem on mine.

Thanks, I will try one. Is there any difference in them or are they all the same?
The one that comes to mind is for a 78 Granada.

Our original equipment voltage regulators are electro-mechanical. That is, they have relays inside that turn the alternator on and off. The pulsing you see is just that.

OP
OP
Jimmy1040

Jimmy1040

Loc.
Panama City, FL
The one that comes to mind is for a 78 Granada.

Our original equipment voltage regulators are electro-mechanical. That is, they have relays inside that turn the alternator on and off. The pulsing you see is just that.

Will it just plug in to original or will I have to do any wiring?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Will it just plug in to original or will I have to do any wiring?

It's a plug in. Make sure you have it attached to the body (grounded) before plugging it in. Bad/no ground will blow it's mind then it won't work.

You could also have an alternator going out.

luvmybroncoman

Loc.
Fort Devens
It could be any number of electrical things causing it. I eventually did a complete re-wire and still used that harness I mentioned. I used American Broncos generic harness.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO