• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heat Help!!!!!!

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
does anyone else have this problem? ive got heat basically pouring in on my legs from what feels like the center of the firewall/heating ducts! faster i go the worse it gets. i'm always driving so im having trouble really checking it as i go(safely anyways)! ive got an old coat of rhino lining that probably needs to be redone, but thats covered with new carpeting. so im having trouble thinking that its somewhere in the firewall. its freakin brutal though cause i have a hardtop on it and a/c that's broken. but im not going to wast time and money redoing the a/c if i cant fix the heat problem first!!!

Any help would be much appreciated! thanks guys Jay

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
you're not alone. i practically got sunburn on my feet the other day driving the bronco with sandalls on.....

OP
OP
C

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
ive got a c4 column shift, but the hump with the t-case shifter gets really hot!! not laying my phone there anymore when i charge it!!

javilamfd

Loc.
Modesto, CA
Pretty typical. Mine doesnt get too bad, unless it's 100* out. I got some aluminized bubble heat shield, some insulated carpet matting and some black automotive carpet. Made a removable front carpet kit pretty cheap. Has helped a lot. Also make sure your heater core is off and heater vent closed.

OP
OP
C

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
im thinking that maybe the vents arent closed very well or they arent sealing off to keep the heat in the engine bay!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Heater valve stuck open? They will corrode on the inside and the lever will move but the valve inside does not.

javilamfd

Loc.
Modesto, CA
The heater valve should be located inside the engine compartment. There should be 2 heater hoses coming from the back of the heater blower unit (this is where the heater core is located.) on the passenger side. The hoses will be located on the engine side of the firewall. One of these hoses should have the heater valve. If you look on one of the vendors sites, WH, BCB, etc, and look for a heater control valve, you will find a picture of what it looks like.