• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me choose a color

JDog77

Loc.
Rockville, MD
Looking for thoughts on these two colors.

The first one is Brittany Blue. I've been loooking at this for over a month, was planning on it. Very cool, very classy.

Then, I just saw the second color and loved it. It really pops, nice wow factor without being too over the top.

The first one is called Brittany Blue (I think it's late 60s Ford color).
The second one is Bahama Blue Poly (I think it's mid 90s GM).

Don't know much about paint. Is 'Poly' part of the paint name, something done to the paint, a coating?

http://www.maxliderbros.com/2017/03/1977-ford-bronco-restoration-brittany-blue/

http://view-instagram.com/pic/maxlidermotors/1490772958892007031_1631301769

Thanks!

bronco dreamer

I'm assuming that your interior is going to be black? What are your plans for the roof? Wheels? Will they be chrome? Accent colors? First color is super classy...almost reminds me of a 60's era Ferrari...That color looks unique and understand. That second really stands out and pop! What's your personality like? How much of a wow factor do you want? There's no hiding from that second blue in my opinion and it really stands out nicely against the black accents. I think I might personally get tired of the Brittany blue but the Bahama Blue is electric! Either way those are beautiful choices!

OP
OP
J

JDog77

Loc.
Rockville, MD
I'm assuming that your interior is going to be black? What are your plans for the roof? Wheels? Will they be chrome? Accent colors? First color is super classy...almost reminds me of a 60's era Ferrari...That color looks unique and understand. That second really stands out and pop! What's your personality like? How much of a wow factor do you want? There's no hiding from that second blue in my opinion and it really stands out nicely against the black accents. I think I might personally get tired of the Brittany blue but the Bahama Blue is electric! Either way those are beautiful choices!

Sorry, I should have provided more detail. Black interior, black soft top, polished MT Classic 3 wheels. Family cage. So, very similar to the Bahama Blue one.

Not sure about how much Wow factor. I'm fine with Wow factor, and I don't think that Bahama Blue is too obnoxious. But, long term, wondering if a more classic color like Brittany Blue would be better.

Regarding the Bahama Blue, think that pic is 'typical'? I.e.- maybe it has a bunch of coats of clear coat, something special to make the pics look better than it normally should, etc. and what does 'Poly' mean? Is that just part of the name, or something done with the finish?

Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Brittany all the way. Body colored roll cage. Argent grille. 76 blue explorer interior. Grey or off white top. And if you have flares - body color. Polished wheels also

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm also considering Bahama Blue, but looks a little different like ford man's

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271858

...so I'd definitely say the 'Poly' makes a difference.

I like the Brittany too, but I wouldn't use it with the Wimbledon White top/grill/bumper/wheel trim I want to do on my lubr...maybe without the extra clear coat it would look good.

As mentioned a lot to think about when painting an EB!

OP
OP
J

JDog77

Loc.
Rockville, MD
Last edited:

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Watched car tv show today where B Rod or Custom in Knoxville was painting old Beetle, of all things, and took stock color and added "candy", cleared 3 times. Looked great !

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I like the 2nd one the blue but it looks shiny er than the reg blue don't know why.

wsager

'Poly' for Ford meant metallic, so maybe they added flake to a color.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just ask my wife, she says I should never pick a color. Except Grabber Blue. So britany it is.

<<<<<<<<Grabber Blue 73

Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
The Brittany Blue is a pretty sweet color! I think it will be unique and classic. Great choice!

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Brittany blue has more silver in it than a classic color I've always liked on Pontiacs...Warwick Blue.
001.jpg