• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP WIRING HARNESS (column plug area)

in2broncoz

The POs have haad some fun... now trying to straighten out..Will post in three different questions to prevent confusion....(me not you)

question%203.jpg

OP
OP
in2broncoz

in2broncoz

I think it might help if you would state the general area of each of those pics(Behind glove box etc. Have you been looking at factory wiring diagrams?

Look here(not mine but helped me)-- http://seabiscuit68.tripod.com/

Mmmmm.....title says "column plug area"........

Have searched all day....seems Ford was a little vague...everything found were schem. Covering mustang, bronco and f100.....same schem.

OP
OP
in2broncoz

in2broncoz

I guess I can whittle down the possibilities

There are 8 wires that come from signal switch...the plug only hold 6 so do the other 2 go to the two wire plug in pic#3..... If so which two?? I'm thinking the 2 horn wires??

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Blue-yellow is the wire that goes to the horn. It looks like that connector was swapped from a different year or something. Don't worry about the size difference.

White-blue is right front turn signal. The 2nd wire is for the turn indicator in the dash cluster and it also connects to the hazard switch.

Red wire goes to brake light switch.

Yellow wire goes to headlight switch. It supplies power to the horn circuit.

Blue wire goes to turn signal flasher.

White-red wire is probably the oil pressure sender wire.

Blue-red is cluster lighting.

The 2-pin connector goes to the rear turn/brake lights.

Yellow-black or green-orange is left side rear.

Green or orange-blue is right side rear.

OP
OP
in2broncoz

in2broncoz

Thanks for the Answer....
I cut out about 8' of excess wire....6 cheater connections....etc.....Not good with wiring...tends to scramble my little brain......
I'll Take another stab at it tomorrow

Thanks Brother

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Don't know if this helps you. It is from a 66 I just redid the column on. This is the wire locations coming out of the column.
3e8489c53c131eb3918e07f72576aafb.jpg

59581dfb5ad7012fa5fee623f8f05ab0.jpg
31784b5c719144be87560d93154655fe.jpg

OP
OP
in2broncoz

in2broncoz

Don't know if this helps you. It is from a 66 I just redid the column on. This is the wire locations coming out of the column.

I think I got that end right..Its the harness end Im having trouble with..

Thanks Brother...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Blue with red is cluster illumination. In this case, it's for the PRNDL indicator, if so equipped. Not all EB's had lit indicators though I don't think, but the wire is usually there.
Same color for all the dash lights, including the switch light-bars on '73 and later trucks.

The Red w/black should be from the brake light switch into the turn signal switch. Then out through both of the turn signal wires.

Did you say what year Bronco you have? With all the cluster..., it looks like a '73! Seems like nothing but trouble with that year.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
in2broncoz

in2broncoz

Sorry if not mentioned..its a 69
Never seen a wiring harness that has so many common colored wires..there are 3 white with blue wires....one goes to the turn switch, one goes to a ind. bulb in cluster and one I have not found a home for??????

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Sorry if not mentioned..its a 69
Never seen a wiring harness that has so many common colored wires..there are 3 white with blue wires....one goes to the turn switch, one goes to a ind. bulb in cluster and one I have not found a home for??????

3rd one goes to hazard switch.