• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with Radio install with Centech wiring

eslusser

I am installing a radio in a center console in my bronco that has a new Centech harness. Looking for guidance on two items.

1. Where did you tap into for hot wire since they do not have one marked? There is an open Option 1 wire that looks like a possibility.

2. My floor is rhino lined so no running the hot wire under a carpet. Is the solution to go out the cowl and under the car to the center console?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I am installing a radio in a center console in my bronco that has a new Centech harness. Looking for guidance on two items.

1. Where did you tap into for hot wire since they do not have one marked? There is an open Option 1 wire that looks like a possibility.

2. My floor is rhino lined so no running the hot wire under a carpet. Is the solution to go out the cowl and under the car to the center console?

Orange wire that powers Cig lighter is one option...

Yes, properly protected in wire loom and grommets used when passing through steel panels or run it through loom on the inside surface. Remember you will have an antenna wire as well...