• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with re-ring kit.

Hauq

In an effort to freshen up my engine after an oil issue, I have been installing a re-ring kit. Everything looks familiar accept one o-ring/gasket that I can’t seem to remember where it goes. If anyone knows I’d like the answer.

The o-ring/gasket is round and about 2.5” in diameter. It has a square cross section that is 1/8” thick. I assume that it goes into a recessed grove. I thought maybe the thermostat housing, but I have an aluminum 289 intake manifold and there is no grove for it. I have talked to Summit and Felpro, and neither had any idea. I would not like to put the engine together only to find out this o-ring/gasket needs to go deep in the bowels of the engine.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The only o-ring I can think of is the one that goes around the distributor base and it isn't that big.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Doesnt sound familar but I would guess that it might be for a oil filter or some engines had a oil filter adapter that bolted on befoer the filter. In any case I think your fine many gaskets sets come with gaskets that are not needed in all applications.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Most of the gasket sets I have had came with an O-ring for the distributor. Little smaller then you describe, but that is the only O-ring in a common small block ford.