• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hey Management, what the heck!!??

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Management, do I have a problem? I get this message when trying to do anything here on this site.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
I've been a member since 1990s and am called (among other things) a GURU)

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Management, do I have a problem? I get this message when trying to do anything here on this site.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
I don't see any issues with your account. Can you give me an example or a link of what you're trying to do when you get this message?

Subscription lapse perhaps?
Shouldn't be this. Whether you're a Contributor or not doesn't affect normal posting actions or your access to any individual forum.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I know I get that message if I'm looking at older post that have been "archived".
Yes, that would do it. Very old threads are moved to the "archives" where they are locked for everyone. This keeps people from replying to threads that are so old they're no longer relevant. By the way, if anyone ever has an "archived" thread that needs to come back to life (like an old build thread that you want to continue) just contact me.

1689729937006.png

Same message if you're looking through the FAQ threads. You can reply to an existing FAQ thread, but not start one without checking with me first. It just keeps the FAQ section from being flooded with things that aren't actually FAQs.

1689730119811.png

OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I don't see any issues with your account. Can you give me an example or a link of what you're trying to do when you get this message?

Shouldn't be this. Whether you're a Contributor or not doesn't affect normal posting actions or your access to any individual forum.
In the first paragraph, I used italics to show the statement that is at the bottom of several if not all the items I wanted to reply to. I was not able to reply to them. I'll look again to see if it comes up again and let you know. Thanks

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I've had the same issues on certain posts....mainly if not exclusively on old posts.

OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
In the first paragraph, I used italics to show the statement that is at the bottom of several if not all the items I wanted to reply to. I was not able to reply to them. I'll look again to see if it comes up again and let you know. Thanks
Thanks Admin. Is there an annual requirement to renew the ability to attach pictures. I had it at one time. Did it expire? If so can I renew it? And how

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, your "Contributor" status expired, which is what allows you to uploads photos directly to the forum. Here's info on how to renew it for $12/year:
https://www.classicbroncos.com/photoupload.shtml

if you don't like dealing with PayPal you can go old school with a check in the mail.

OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Yes, your "Contributor" status expired, which is what allows you to uploads photos directly to the forum. Here's info on how to renew it for $12/year:
https://www.classicbroncos.com/photoupload.shtml

if you don't like dealing with PayPal you can go old school with a check in the mail.
Yep, I'll have to snail mail as I dumped PP some time ago. What address would I use?

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! Address is the PO box at the bottom of that link I gave.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jon?Thanks Admin. Is there an annual requirement to renew the ability to attach pictures. I had it at one time. Did it expire? If so can I renew it? And how
Cost me a couple thousand to restore my posting privileges . But I was a bad boy. You did get the wire transfer, right Jon?