• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

high steer arms

RobsBronc

Loc.
sandy, ut
ive been looking around at the people who sell these and they are pretty pricey? are they worth it? i will probably have 4.5-5.5 inches of lift with coils all the way around and probably be running 38s. do i need a custom knuckle? can i use a chevy one? it is on a D44 til i get some cash together to build a D60. are the D44 and D60 arm interchangable? who is the best place to go? well thanks a lot

moabers

Loc.
SLC, UTAH
I am in the middle of debating the same thing. From what I have seen, no, D44 and D60 high steer arms are significantly different. The best 2 places I have found so far are Rockstomper and Roadless Gear, with the arms for ~$100ea. I wish I had more useful info, but I just started looking into it myself. <br>I am have all the parts to do the Chevy disk swap with the beefier axles and new Spicer U-Joints that replaced the 297's. Now, I am trying to see if swapping the knuckles too from a '74 1/2ton Chev 4x4 will work and accomodate the high steer arms with the beefier (and more plentiful) Chevy tie rod ends with DOM tubing Drag link and Tie Rod. I will be stoked if that can all work.

OP
OP
R

RobsBronc

Loc.
sandy, ut
thanks a lot moaders. yeah the more i looked the D44 and D60 are different. ill have to look but i found a place that has them for 75$ a pop. what part of SLC are you in? did you ever hear from anyone trying to get a SLC bronco club together? we met up once and i never heard back from anyone. ill post again once i find the copmany name again. do you happen to know, is it any chevy D44 knuckle that will fit on a bronco?

moabers

Loc.
SLC, UTAH
$75 seems pretty good, $95 was the lowest I found, so it would be great to know who it is. I work in Downtown SLC, and I live in West West Jordan, ~6400South 6300West. <br>As far as a local Bronco club, I was at the run out to Little Moab, and a couple weeks ago met up with Thumper. I am not sure why, but with the attempts that have been made, there is very little interest in a club, which really sucks given SLC's huge EB population..<br>As far as any D44 knuckles fitting, I am not sure yet, but I hope to find out this week. <br>Where abouts are you located?

OP
OP
R

RobsBronc

Loc.
sandy, ut
i found that site. its actually 70$. check it out how was the trip to little moab? i am in draper. 13thE and 118thS. do you drive your bronco daily? what color is it, im sure ive seen it around. that really sucks about the SLC club i know a lot of people with broncos who wanted to be in it and were waiting to hear back something from me. oh well.

moabers

Loc.
SLC, UTAH
That site looks good, thanks.. the trip to little moab was a good one, but we only had 4 guys show up, likewise with the meeting a couple of weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, the club idea isn't anywhere near dead, but we haven't seen alot of interest (as apparent with the numbers) Like anything, we need a decent size start, and it will snowball from there, but it doesn't seem like we can even get that decent start. <br>As for my EB, it is still a daily driver, but I am really hoping to change that soon. It's maroon with a black soft top, how about yours?

OP
OP
R

RobsBronc

Loc.
sandy, ut
when and where are the meetings? i was at the first one and i was left out of the loop or something. i know quite a few people that would probably want to start going to meeting and trail runs. mine is bright blue with white hard top. it was my daily driver until it all fell apart at once...blew out some body mounts and bent the body, hit a deer doin 50, blew the tranny, and broke 1 leaf in each side. this all happened in about a 2 week period. but ive got it at the shop i work at getting it stripped down and making a stock/tube frame/cage and setting it up for coils all around. so hopefully by next spring i can go try and break it some more. oh yeah who is still going to the meetings?