• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How dumb could someone be?

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
I have been striping out my 72 bronco and found that someone had screwed new floor pans in over the original pans just for some minor rust in the forward part of the pans. Well i get the passenger side pan pulled out and find only one hole near the kick panel so im happy with that. I get to the drivers sides and pull it out to find that one of the screws they used must have been in the fuel tank. As soon as i pulled the screw out fuel started to fill the floor board. Anyone ever had this surprise on there bronco?

Mike

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
There was a really long but good thread about PO presents, I got some great ones, like the left front turn signal came on when the brake lites came on.%)

jpoore

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Sorry to admit it, but I've done the screw through the gas tank maneuver. %)

Wish I had PO it blame it on though....

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
How about a worn out dry steering box, 3/4 inch of negative camber from worn out kingpin bearings, no track bar bushings at all, and brakes on one wheel. He was driving it around like that too

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
The PO drilled a 1/8 hole in the bed to the top of my rear tank.
Thank you very much.%)

Dan

Case

the PO of my 77 put a whole crap load of expanding foam inside the drivers door post post. Was a lot of fun getting it all apart. ;D ;D

usahockey

The PO of my Bronco put tape over the rust in the floor boards and had a generic spray in liner put in. I don't think they did any prep other than putting the tape on. Oh yeah I was checking stuff out for fixing the body and look what the PO did (Its about and inch to an inch and a half deep):

Attachments

• dsc00013.jpg
    dsc00013.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 321
OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
Boy whats wrong with all these PO's. LOL it took me about 3 hours to get that tank drained and out of the bronco. It would have helped if the bolts for that tank straps where not so damaged.%) I still smell like OLD gas even after a long shower. Anyhow i have started removing the drivers floor pan which is about half way out now. I find that a heavy gauge paint scraper and a hammer work great for braking the spot welds when you dont have your air compresor and air hammer at your new house yet. Im not sure where i got the Heavy gauge scaper from but it sure works nice. I had bought it for a mustang project a while back i think.

Mike

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Well it wasnt a PO, but mounting my Corbeau's we moved the driver bracket back and accidently punched into the auxillary tank so I had to run it dry and at the moment cant use it.

HorsePlay

Loc.
Middlesex, NJ
P/O

The previous owner of my 68 fixed both a leaky aux. gas tank and a leaky radiator with Bondo! The scary part is it seemed to work!(it was one of the 1st things I fixed correctly when I bought it though) He did tell me about it when I bought it(He almost seemed kinda proud of the fix)

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
a PO of my 69 tried to do his own brake work and beat the brakes so badly with a hammer that the 4wd didnt work, they used the wrong type of pads and when you hit the brakes it pulled very hard to the left and after a few minutes of driving the brakes would smoke. After hearing the story of patching the floorboards makes me want to check my passenger side floorboards...

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
PO had a leak in the front brakes...so he cut and crimped the line coming out of the Master Cylinder. Put house grade carpet in, under the bolt-on roll bar, seat mounts and tank selector valve, then cut it out, leaving the carpet under said items. Piss poor spray paint job. Had NO, well a puddle of rust collored, coolant in the radiator. Oh, and a piece of sheet metal siding/roofing for a tunnel cover. Lastly, removed aux. gas tank, cut the (main tank return line?), screwed a bolt into the hose and no clamp.