• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How long has it been since you drove yours?

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Was chatting with a member here after I sent him the gear calc I made...

and realized that it's been 11 years since I drove a Bronco down the road...Last time I was in a seat was November of '02 when I bought my current project. I drove it off the trailer and into the back yard shelter to be torn apart...

God I'm getting itchy to turn the key again...

Last edited:

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
3 years. and when I did get to drive it I only got to drive it 1 mile. Thats the only time I ever drove any bronco. It was fun tho, wasnt used to the shift pattern and lit the tires up the first time I dropped the clutch and I enjoyed every second. Cant wait to drive it again... time to get back to work

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
August 5th 2007. I will be in the driver's seat again. With teh war and everythng The Bronco was not completed or on the road for a four year gap. I know how you feel getting the Bronco itch. Get that sucker going again!

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
August 5th 2007. I will be in the driver's seat again. With teh war and everythng The Bronco was not completed or on the road for a four year gap. I know how you feel getting the Bronco itch. Get that sucker going again!

Money and time...money and time...

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
14 months.....hope to be back on the road very soon. Back in the day this would have been a 14 day project.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Was chatting with a member here after I sent him the gear calc I made...

It's been 11 years since I drove a Bronco down the road...Last time I was in a seat was November of '02 when I bought my current project. I drove it off the trailer and into the back yard shelter to be torn apart...

God I'm getting itchy to turn the key again...

It's been the same for me, about 10-11 years. I had motor problems and one thing led to another.... Down to the frame. Now I'm slowly putting it back together. I get alot of "when are you going to have your Bronco at the Roundup?" Next year.

Last time I drove a Bronco was during the 07 Spring Roundup in WV, drove Lou's buggy but it was on the trail. Last road driven was Kyle's when I took it to work to do some paint work. It's not the same when it's not YOURS.

Someday I'll drive mine, again... I hope. A whole bunch of people I know will be surprised that's for sure!
Not a record I'm trying to make but we seem to be in competition for it.

I BELEIVE I BELEIVE I BELEIVE I BELEIVE I BELEIVE I BELEIVE I BELEIVE I BELEIVE

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
I'll win this one! After 10 years of St. Louis salted roads, I parked my 73 in the garage to fix the door posts. I think it was the fall of 1983....and I finally got to drive it to this years Fawl Crawl. You just can't imagine the feeling of driving your first car all over again!
Steve
"THE FIRST I BELIEVER"

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
It has been 5 years since I drove mine.

But, I got to drive my father-in-law's '77 2 weeks ago. ;D

Tuck

If you're talking about ANY Bronco, it was a test drive about 2 weeks ago.

If you're talking about MY Bronco...well, that would be NEVER :-[ :-[ :-[

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
After 1 1/2 years in my driveway, I got it running good this pass summer and have been driving it on a regular basis. I love it. It's awesome to drive her again. Hopefully it keeps running good because I'm broke. If anything major happens it's going to sit in my driveway for another 1 1/2 years.

Rick