• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How many early broncos are there left in the world?

BroncoOwner.me

Just curious if anyone has seen any wild estimates on how many early broncos are left in the world? I've seen estimates that there were around 225,000 made between 66 and 77 and I know some like the Roadster are super rare. It would seem like with 225,000 made that there would still be a fairly large number around but they seem to be so hard to find in the wild.?:?

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Not sure. One thing to consider is that many of us have multiple Broncos and can only drive one at a time so that cuts down the numbers seen.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Not sure. One thing to consider is that many of us have multiple Broncos and can only drive one at a time so that cuts down the numbers seen.

Well ain't you special! Just kick us single Bronco owners right in the gut!!!:p

J/K! I have had many Bronco's but only have room for one. I envy you guys with multiple Hosses!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I would say to get a rough estimate. Take the number of members on here and multiply by three( because some people have none and some have multiple so three is an estimated average).this will give the estimated number of known broncos. Then Thake that number and add 20% for all other unknown broncos and we should be pretty close. This is obviously just anway to get an idea of how many are out there hiding

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I have been curious about that also. How many are rusting away somewhere, how many have been parted out, how many were wrecked and scraped? I would guess that less than half that number are still around.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
So with 38,342 overall members we can assume

38,342 x 2 = 76,684
76,684 x .20 = 15,337
76,684 + 15,337 = 92,020

So we can estimate 92,020 broncos left in the world. So almost half produced. Again all just a guestimation but I would think its probably close given all the wrecked rusty hulks falling out of the trees lately

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
What was the total production numbers? How many were reclaimed by Mother Earth? How many were combined to make one? Answer all those and have a close answer. I don't think there is an accurate way . Until a couple months ago I wouldn't thought of Broncos in Colombia,but ....

OP
OP
BroncoOwner.me

BroncoOwner.me

So with 38,342 overall members we can assume

38,342 x 2 = 76,684
76,684 x .20 = 15,337
76,684 + 15,337 = 92,020

So we can estimate 92,020 broncos left in the world. So almost half produced. Again all just a guestimation but I would think its probably close given all the wrecked rusty hulks falling out of the trees lately

At 92,020 from 225,00 that would be a 42% survival rate after 40 to 50 years! I can't imagine that it's anywhere near that high. Also, I would guess that of the 38,342 site members that many are not active/current? Meaning they might have sold their broncos? Or at least are not actively using the site. I've seen other sites try to calculate a survival rate formula for various classic cars/trucks and they seem to be all over the place with some saying as low as 1% after 50 years and some as high as 60% for models like volvos.

I'm sure there is no definitive way to answer this question but it's fun to speculate :)

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Ha! Pretty soon there will be more than 225,000. ;D

The joke in the Corvette world is there are more '67 big block Vette's now than were made. People are faking the broach marks on the engine block stamp pad with new stamped ID numbers. Special monoculars are used to verify the broach marks, and still some are in question.

BTW, I have one EB and I assume it's real!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Like i said it was a speculation formula using two per member because some have no bronco and some have as many as 10 or more so using 2 per member seemed a good place to start. 42% over 50 years but the last one was only 39 years ago. That seems acceptable. Again this is not running or restored. These numbers woukd be all left in existence. Junk yards/bare frames/rotting in weeds etc...

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Just about every CL ad out there says "rare", so there must not be very many left. :)

Add my 3 and we're at 12.