• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how much does a bare bronco frame weight?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Between 200-250, I believe. We were able to move it with two guys most of the time and thats with Cage long arm brackets, and front and rear dual shock mounts and a little frame reinforcement here and there.... It got heavier after galvanizing and paint to where it was pretty strenuous for 2...but could be done for short distances (10-20 yrds). HTH.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I just flipped mine over in the backyard by myself. not too bad. two guys easy.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
i think even 200 lbs is more than it is. all 150 lbs of me can pick one up and move it around- with a good amount of difficulty... with 2 people you're good to go.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
i should be able to get it on a 5x14 trailer pretty easy shouldn't I?
my buddy has a 5 foot by 14 trailer to haul it on, i have a 16 ft but its a 5 1/2 hour drive up there, so...
anyway thanks for the replys
Ben

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
It shouldn't be that heavy if Taz could lift his own frame........Well, at least the rear end of it....:eek:
I dared him and he tried.....;D

I'm sure it weighs more by a few lbs. than what he weighs.

Please do not try this at home. This stunt was performed by a professional.
The kid was not harmed in any way performing this stunt............:cool:

Attachments

• DSC02667.JPG
    DSC02667.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 88

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I moved mine around without a lot of problems - eventually put a couple of casters on a 2x4 and made a little rig to roll it around on

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
kewl thanks for the replys....I can't wait until the day I get my blasted...primed and get started back on reassembly....

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
Please do not try this at home. This stunt was performed by a professional.
The kid was not harmed in any way performing this stunt............:cool:

Mad, LMAO
Hey it looks like that car next to the frame may have been infected with Bronco rot.
Marty