• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how much does your fiberglass tub truck weight??

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
i have a 73 fiberglass tub truck just wondered if any has weighed there truck to see how much they weigh?? i think its around 2500pds but not sure

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Good question - I've got a 73 - glass tub (steel front clip, doors and top though). I'm guessing closer to 3200-3500 - some folks have weighed their steel broncos - they seem to come in in the high 3k-low 4k range. I think the glass tubs will save a couple hundred pounds.

I could run through the local scrapyard this weekend and see what I weigh in at.

OP
OP
73bluemachine

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
u saying that the fiberglass is still in the 3-4000 range that cant be what r the the metal stock, i let the valve cores out of the tires to get it into the garage and the tires barley went down

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
axles - 800 w/tires (200 per end w/brakes, 100 per tire)
frame 200, motor 600 (loaded/ancillaries), tranny, d20 and shafts 250 , fuel 100, battery, radiator, fluids, cage 300, main tub 350, front clip 200, bumpers 150, doors 100, top 150, heater, dash, guages, column, wiring, lights 100

there's well over 3000 lb worth of stuff listed and I missed more like seats, interior, windshield, tailgate,...

I think mine's prolly a heavyweight for a glass tub - since I've got a bunch of steel added on, but you're around 2400# before you get to the body.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Considering a glass body for a future build, How strong are they at the tailgate section and door post sections? Sorry about the hi jack

OP
OP
73bluemachine

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
mine is strong i fiberglassed/doorglassed in the inserts for the doors for stability but it seem pretty sturdy and no rust to worry about... ilike it chekc out the pics on my gallery

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Considering a glass body for a future build, How strong are they at the tailgate section and door post sections? Sorry about the hi jack

there's 3/16 steel inserts in the door posts, tailgate and hood mount areas so it's got good support. I've got a steel tailgage, but also been thinking about putting in a tab to connect the rear fenders to the cage to minimize any outward flex. I think in the long haul, I'll probably ditch the hard top. Otherwise, glass is really pretty tough - and easy to fix if you do mess it up.