• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how to adjust TV cable pressure on an AOD

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
Hey, I am finishing up my aod install and am down to this last and final step, but have no idea on how to adjust it. I have a lokar kit, and everyone says its slightly involved around here, any help? ?:?

tonto

Bronco Guru
Here are the steps out of a manual I have on replacing a stock cable.
And here are the instructions from a video on rebuilding the AOD on setting T.V. cable pressure, there are two ports side by side with plugs in them on the pass. side, above the pan where the pan begins to taper back the rear one is the one you want to put a pressure gage in, 0 - 60 psi. and adjust it so the needle just sits off the peg at idle and starts to lift as soon as you start to accelerate.

Attachments

• AOD TV cable diagrams (mustang).jpg
    AOD TV cable diagrams (mustang).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 49
  • AOD Cable Adjustment reduced.jpg
    AOD Cable Adjustment reduced.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 28

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Do NOT drive the rig untill the TV pressure has been set. A local tranny shop has the equipment and gauges to set TV pressure. This is a quick and low dollar adjustment and the tranny shop can make sure it shifts OK as well. It might be close enough to drive as is, but I would not chance burning up the tranny. I also use a Locar TV cable on the tranny and the only thing I had to do was install an additional spring on the tranny lever pulling the lever back to a neutal position. The spring provided with the Locar cable wasn't heavy enough to push the cable and lever on its own. There might be others with info on pressures and such so good luck with the install

OP
OP
VBH289

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
thank you both, that helps out tramendious amounts! will let you know how it turns out and thanks again!!! ;D

vap13

Let us know how you make out with the adjustment, I'm almost to the same point with mine. Problem is you still have to drive it to the tranny shop, I wonder if that short drive will kill it?
Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If in doubt, set it tight so it will shift late and hard. This is better for the transmission then early, soft and slipping to death.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
I don't know if I would put money on driving it before the pressures are set. I would hate to damage the tranny for a few moments on the road. Maybe you have a local two-bit -tow outfit that will cart it over to the shop for just a few dollars. If you have AAA, they will come over for free and haul out your rig to a shop.. Just a suggestion

OP
OP
VBH289

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
well just had mine moving under its own power with it today (wiggling from reverse to first to reverse) but I am gonna have someone else do it for me, taking it to a transmission shop, it will be the first thing I havent done on my own to it, but I would hate to screw it up right now.