• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to cancel A/C hose?

saddlebronc

Loc.
TJ
This never occured to me but since I won't be using the A/C unit I need to cancel the water hose that goes from the water pump to it. On a 302 motor.
Is there a plug or fitting used for this?

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
Are you talking about the drain fitting comming from the evaporator?Shouldnt be a water line going to A/C unit.Just two rubber lines from the engine compartment to evaporator.

OP
OP
saddlebronc

saddlebronc

Loc.
TJ
Oh, that makes me wonder. I'm talking about the upper right corner of the water pump. There is a hose there that I believe goes to something A/C.
Need to plug that. How?

carnage351

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
There is a line that goes from the water pump to the intake manafold, with the ac compressor in the way, it may look like it is going to the AC unit. I have never seen any AC that uses water from the engine. You may want to take a closer look at wher the hose goes.

OP
OP
saddlebronc

saddlebronc

Loc.
TJ
[quote author=Skuzzlebutt link=board=5;threadid=19190;start=0#msg147102 date=1056472144]
Sounds like the return heater hose to me, not the little bent one but the long one beside it.

[/quote]

Yep, that's the one Skuzzlebutt.
So is that where one of my heater hoses goes?
Where does the other heater hose go then?